Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Thumbing My Way To Vegas...

Typically I LOVE my birthday.  Maybe one of my favorite days, scratch that, weeks of the year, and I had high expectations this year.  This year, I didn't want to have a lot planned on my birthday so I could do whatever I wanted. It didn't really turn out like that.  Here is what did happen...

Tuesday, my amazing sister and mom watched my little boy so I could go and get a massage.  That was wonderful!  LOVED it!  Shout out to my cousin's Lori's amazing spa in Layton, Beyond Spa.

Friday was probably my favorite day.  In fact, I wish it was my birthday.  It started early with a pedicure with my mom and Allie.  Mitchell and my dad were in charge of the little boys, allowing us some much needed girl time.  After the pedicure, we went to one of my favorite spots...The Dodo.  I LOVE their turkey sandwich and on this particular day they had a wonderful Cream of Mushroom soup.  Yum! As we headed home we were able to even do a tad bit of shopping.  Yay!  I really had wanted to spend my birthday week with those that I love, but sadly in this day in age, there is way...too much going on all the time for us to get together.  However, Friday night I did get to go to a dinner and movie with one of my friends.  Double Yay!

Finally, the big day arrived...and I was SICK.  Yep.  Horrible cold.  So, I guess it turned out that we didn't really have anything planned.  The main thing I wanted to do on my birthday was spend time with Beckham, and I got to do that.  He is such an amazing little boy, and the best present EVER.   Even though I was sick, I did manage to make me my favorite crepes for breakfast.  And...we capped the night off with a family dinner at California Pizza Kitchen.  I would love for you all to take a look at my favorite birthday presents....

Cards from my cute nephews...
This picture does not do this card justice.  This card has about 5 pieces of paper attached together by Star Wars stickers.  This card was made by the one and only...CREIGHTON JAMES EVERS.  Totally Creighton.


These masterpieces were created by Easton and Jackson respectively.  I must add, Jackson wrote my whole name by himself.  I was very proud.


A few weeks ago, Micah and I decided to splurge and head to Vegas for my birthday.  We typically go, but we weren't really planning on it this year.  However...I have felt so stressed lately that it just seemed like a good idea...get away and just focus on the two of us.

Anyway...since we seem to only go to Vegas in January, we have realized we see many of the same decorations every year...because it is always Chinese New Year...We did still manage to take a few pictures....

Here we are in the Palazzo.  


And here is my cute hubby in front of the giant rabbit to celebrate the year of the rabbit.


What else did we do in Vegas?  Honestly?  We slept...and slept...and slept.  We arrived on Sunday and took a 4 hour nap.  That night we slept for 12 hours.  Monday, another 2 hour nap and slept for 10 hours.  I don't know if it was because I was sick or just exhausted, but really all we did was eat and sleep.  Usually I am a big shopper, but not this time.  We did manage to walk down from Treasure Island to the new City Center.  This caused two amazing blisters.  Fantastic.  But we tried a new restaurant for us...
Isla.  Loved it.  It was totally empty, so we felt like we had the whole restaurant to for us.


There it is folks, my birthday week in one big, long post.  I thought since I haven't posted in awhile, I could give you all the details.  Haha.  It really was great, except for the whole sick part.  I'm still sick by the way.  Hopefully that ends soon:)

7 comments:

The Brown's said...

Happy Birthday Josie!! Looks like you had a nice, relaxing time in Vegas-you deserve it!

driftwood13@gmail.com said...

Hope you had a wonderful Birthday Josie, Love you tons!
Michelle

anya said...

Happy Happy Birthday! So glad you had a good week. Too bad you have a lame friend that sends you a present via email.

The Stringham's said...

Happy BElated Birthday! i'm so sorry you weren't feeling great...that's terrible. Your birthday is a BIG deal. Vegas sounds delightful and all that sleep does too.

The Evers Family said...

Your vegas "Facebook" photos are much better than the one Mitch and I took of us.

Annie said...

Sorry you were sick! Glad you went to Vegas. Happy Birthday to you!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated bday! Other than the yucky cold sounds like you had a good one.