Sunday, February 13, 2011

Baby, Baby...

When Micah and I found out we were pregnant...we were so excited to tell EVERYONE!  However, there were a few things we wanted to consider.  Since our baby was considered high risk, we decided we wanted to tell people until we really understood everything and was no way we were going to tell anyone until we were at least 12 weeks.  There was a slight problem with this problem.  I needed help with Beckham for all of these doctor's appointments, and Lindsey was planning on getting married the very weekend I was due.  (There was no way I wanted to miss her wedding!)  So we decided to tell our immediate families.

First up, the Henderson's.  Saturday I had purchased a dozen smart cookies and spelled out "WE R PREGNANT" on each of the cookies...
After dinner we placed the cookies on parent's doorstep, rang the bell, and ran back in the other door.  Lindsey and Matt were first to find the cookies.  My mom was sure her friend, Janette and left them, but Lindsey figured out the cookies the said something.  She started yelling, "We are pregnant!" over and over.  This came as quite a shock to my family at first because they thought she was saying she was pregnant...but then the heads quickly turned to Allie.  It was Mitch who exclaimed "its not us."  And then all eyes were on me and Micah.  I cannot believe all of the screaming and tears of joy.  My mom jumped on the couch and held my face asking me if I was sure and how over and over.  It was a really great moment.  One I will never forget.  It was a complete surprise to all of them.  My favorite reaction was Allie's.  She didn't know what to be more excited about...that I was pregnant or that she wasn't pregnant.  Since I have told my family, I think Allie has called or told me once a day how excited she was.  Everyone of my family is over the moon just like Micah and I.  I keep telling my little nephews I have Yoda growing in my belly, and this seems to amaze them.

As for the Peterson's...they proved very difficult.  We decided to wait a couple weeks for when Micah's family would be getting together for their monthly get together.  (Every time Micah and I have news we want to share with them, they always change the date of the party.  This time was no exception.)  We kept debating on if we should call them or wait, but we really wanted to tell them in person.  A long story short, they moved the party from the second Sunday to the fourth and so we decided to wait.  Three days before the big party we get a text that they were going to cancel the March party all together. Micah was pretty disappointed, but we decided to text a picture of Beckham holding the ultrasound to his family.  Micah's parents were so happy.  They couldn't stop crying.  My favorite comment came from Brandon asking Micah's dad if Micah was the father.  Classic.

We loved telling our families this fabulous news and we are so very excited to tell of our friends...April 1st.

3 comments:

Melyn said...

I remember when you texted us the picture :) I was freaking out - I knew it had to be from you!!

the johansen's said...

You are so creative! So much fun, I love your families reaction.

Alissa said...

love these stories Josie! You are such a good mom! and I am so excited for you both to experience another miracle! the birth of your child! No words can explain how special it is! love you both!