Sunday, February 20, 2011

A House is Not a Home...

For quite awhile I have been floating around the idea of putting Beckham in a big boy's bed.  He climbs out of his crib, and typically sleeps on the floor, so it just needed to be done.  ...But for me, there were a lot of logistics = it was not going to be done for a long time.  The questions for me were: Where do I put his crib?  Do I put Beckham in a new room?  What kind of bed do I get him? Should the room have a theme?  Do I move all the rooms around in our house?

It became quite complicated.  I took in a lot of advise of what other friends and family did when their children got to this age.  I did a lot of research and looked around at a lot of places.  What I did learn, was part of me wished I would have boughten a crib that could become a toddler bed.  I really wanted to get him a toddler bed, but decided what was best for us was just buying a new twin bed for Beckham.

So, I bit the bullet and bought cute new furniture for Beckham.  For a couple weeks the boxes have been sitting in our garage until I got up the energy for the big move.  Micah and I decided on February 19th as the big day.  I thought it would take us about four hours.  I was CRAZY!!!!  It took about 10 hours!  We first dissembled our office furniture and moved it into our family room...


Which led to our family room becoming a disaster...

Which led to our old office becoming a disaster...


After a few hours, all of Beckham's baby's furniture was moved into the old office.  (I was going to post the picture of this room now, but...its too embarrassing right now.  I basically dumped everything in there I didn't want to deal with for awhile.)  However, I will show a pic of Beckham's empty room...

And then, his room with his new furniture...


The big boy bed...
By the time we were done just moving and assembling the furniture it was 8pm, so I gave up on the idea of getting everything decorated.  In fact, I might not do it for a couple weeks.  I need to recover from my crazy idea of moving our whole house around in one afternoon.  One day, though.


4 comments:

MOM said...

You're doing great. Houses arent built in a day, and niether are homes. It looks like you got alot of remodel done in a day though. Love, mom

The Evers Family said...

That's awesome. Can't wait to come up and see it.

anya said...

I wanna see! How does Beck like his new bed?!!

Melyn said...

it looks so good!