We started our Christmas festivities with a drive down to Alpine for Christmas Eve with the Peterson's. First, all the little one's opened their presents. Beckham loved his little basketball and basketball warm ups. So cute...
Micah, little Sloan, Me, and Beckham
The best part was watching Danielle and her fiance, Dustin, open their gifts. Danielle gave Dustin a handmade scarf and a picture of herself. We all got a good laugh. Dustin was so touched, he cried.
Dustin and Danielle and fab picture.
(Don't mind the blurry picture. Blame Micah, my so called photographer husband.)
Can you make out that heart and all the various chains? (Also another shout out to my husband and his HORRIBLE photography skills. Seriously.)
We did manage to take one picture with all the grandkids...
After the Peterson's, we rushed over to the Henderson's for a Christmas Eve feast. I think I can count on one hand...maybe on one finger how many times my family has sat at a table and eaten dinner all together. It just doesn't happen. So we had to take a pic...
Also, if you wonder what's up with the lighting. We had the lights dimmed. Yep, folks. Mood lighting.
After the little boys exchanged gifts. I have to say I think Beckham gave them the best gift! SWORDS. Seriously, it was hysterical. They all had swords and these little helmets. The helmets were too big for the little ones and too small for the big ones...
These were gifts only little boys would love. They all fought each other for quite awhile and we just laughed and laughed. Beckham had the funniest fighting stance.
After, Papa unvieled a SURPRISE! Grandpa's Survival Kit. All the adults sat there amazed at how my dad did this. My dad doesn't shop...for anyone. We finally got it out of him how he accomplished this feat...he sent is employees out with "specific instructions" of what to get. I have to admit I was touched my dad put so much effort into it...
The best gift was the most deadliest. Before all the little boys went to bed, my dad told them a bedtime story about creatures that live in the sea. As you can imagine, it was very Christmasy. These creatures were deadly but beautiful...and apparently on the cruise my dad caught three of them and brought them home for the boys...jellyfish. He then did this dramatic presentation of lighting up a fish tank with these supposed "jellyfish." Lets just say they swim better in soapy water;)
But, backing up, we made cookies for Santa...
Beckham enjoyed his more than he did decorating them.
And of course we opened our Christmas Pajamas...
Our little family.
Us all together...
(Jordan and Melyn didn't make it until Christmas morning.)
Yep, Micah and I didn't do so well towards the end.
The next morning, was CHRISTMAS! I think the best part of Christmas for Micah and I was watching Beckham and Roxy. It really made our Christmas. When Beckham came out of his room, the only thing he cared about was his trains...
The funny thing was, the trains were an after thought. Easton recieved trains for his birthday, and Beckham and Easton fought over them. So, I thought I would get a couple. Good thing. They were his favorite present.Beckham with some dinosaurs. Beckham LOVED looking at the dinosaurs. He was mesmerized. I have to say we really really really spoiled Beckham. I couldn't help myself. I wanted him to have everything. What makes it worse, is that he wouldn't have cared if we gave him anything.
I do have to say, the person that was most excited for presents, was Roxy...
This picture really doesn't do it justice. Roxy gets so excited. She jumps around and completely freaks out. Do you like her shirt? It says, "elf sized." And what did Roxy get for Christmas? A couple toys, but I was most excited about her girly sweaters and bows. Until I have a little baby girl, Roxy will have to let me doll her all up.
After Beckham looked at his trains, we went down to the Henderson's for our traditional Belgium Waffle breakfast. So good...
This is the Waffle Maker. Great Smile, dad.
After breakfast, Jordan and Melyn arrived all the way from Virginia. We were so glad they made it without any weather problems. The little boys opened their gifts and Beckham LOVED his dinosaur Nana and Papa gave him...
Look at that smile!
My mom decided to give us each towers of gifts....
Love this picture. Each box had a little something. I have to say, my favorite gift was the magnetic measuring spoons. So cool, and I don't even cook.
Thats it folks. Christmas in one long post. Hope you enjoyed.
8 comments:
so cute. seriously love it. love the towers and jammies everything. Christmas is just too fun.
Looks like a fun (and busy) Christmas!!! Beckham is the cutest! Love ya Jos!!!
so much fun!!! i think Beck got spoiled! ;) loves...
Thanks for documenting the day so well. I'll just tell the boys to read your blog if they want to know the details on what happened.
The tower gifts are such a cute idea. Thanks for the fun blog.
What a fun Christmas! I love all of your fun traditions. Who wouldn't want to be a part of the Henderson family? Loving your new backdrop btw
What a fun Christmas! I love all of your fun traditions. Who wouldn't want to be a part of the Henderson family? Loving your new backdrop btw
What a fun Christmas! I love all of your fun traditions. Who wouldn't want to be a part of the Henderson family? Loving your new backdrop btw
Post a Comment