Friday, December 24, 2010

The Lights and Buzz...

Have you ever gotten to Christmas Eve and wondered to yourself..."It just doesn't feel like Christmas."  For several years I had this problem, and I realized you have to make it feel like Christmas.  So, for the past few years I make a little more effort to do things that make it feel like Christmas.  Like decorating the tree early.  Wrapping presents while watching Christmas movies.  Listening to Christmas music nonstop, and reading Christmas books.

One of my fabulous friends (Thanks. Kelsey) has this awesome advent box I want to get.  It has the 25 days and in each box is a piece of paper describing a Christmas activity the kids would do that night.  Some were simple, like drinking hot cocoa, opening Christmas PJ's, decorating the tree, decorating cookies, sing Christmas songs...but I bet her family is really feeling the Christmas spirit.  I want to do the same thing next year.

As I said earlier...I did try and do somethings.  One of which was going to see the lights downtown.  Anya does this every year, and honestly I think the last time we did this was when Sarah got married.  (Really?  Has it been six years?)  So, I forced us to do it.  At first it seemed so overwhelming to get all bundled up just to freeze downtown.  Plus, fighting all the crowds, but it did feel like Christmas and I am glad we did it...

My two men!


Beckham didn't want to sit in his stroller, or one dad's shoulders.  He thought it was more fun to fall back.


My upside down baby.


It took a thousand pictures to get one descent one of the two of them.  It was worth it, though.


Isn't he handsome?


Our little family. 


My little boy mesmerized at the lights.


How lucky am I that I was sealed to my little guy in the temple?  Merry Christmas.



2 comments:

anya said...

See... aren't you glad you went! I am going to take you again next year! ;)

The Evers Family said...

So cute! Wish we would have gone.