Friday, December 24, 2010

Hey, Santa...

My favorite Christmas party of the season is one with my mom's side of the family.  I have such amazing cousins, and now that we are getting older...we all have kids about the same age.  It was awesome to see all the little kids running around.  Their personalities are stating to show and it was so great to see everyone.

After some yummy food...a special visitor stopped by.  You guessed it!  SANTA!  Now this is not any Santa.  This is the REAL SANTA.  Trust me.  This is the same Santa who's lap I sat on 20 plus years ago.

Micah and I were so excited to see how Beckham would react.  My mom has a life size Santa in her entrance way and Beckham will not go within 10 feet of it.  I was worried, but as Santa came down the stairs...cute Beckham started pointing and went to give him a hug.

When Santa finally made it to his chair, Beckham and Easton were all over him.  I just loved watching them.  Beckham kept trying to climb on his lap and jingle his bells...




When Santa finally called Beckham's name, there was no hesitation at all...

It was so great to see Beckham sitting on Santa's lap, just as I had done for countless years.  I loved seeing my nephews and cousin's little ones up there too.  At this particular party, Santa brings Christmas Books.  I love this.  We could always use more books.  This book was so great.  Not only was it... The Night Before Christmas, but it had my dad's voice reading it to him.  My dad is such a storyteller, I was thrilled that Beckham can always have it.

Thank you to everyone that always works so hard on this party.  It really is my favorite.

No comments: