Thursday, December 2, 2010

It's Beginning To Look...

Today I feel good.  In fact, I think I started to feel better yesterday; however, about 1pm I got a migraine. I have never had one before.  It wasn't fun.  Nothing seemed to help.  My mom was so great to help me, and my head does feel better today.  It hurts a little bit, but more like a regular headache.  I think the migraine was a result of all the stress I have put my body under lately.  So, today I do feel better.  I feel more positive.  More hopeful.  I am starting to look at the future again, and I think that is a good thing.

I think the best medicine for how I have been feeling was Beckham.  He is the most amazing gift.  I love spending every moment with him.  He is starting to talk more and more.  He now says, "cup, truck, pull, car, cookie," and many others.  My favorite is still "mommy."  I am a mom.  Even if he is my only child, I will always be a mom.

I finished a new adoption profile for ParentProfiles.  It is a website that, for a fee, you can post your profile and hopefully birth mothers will look at it.  They do a lot of advertising to generate more leads.  It is basically more exposure, and Micah and I decided we would try it for a couple months.  I am a little nervous about it, but it gives me hope.

At the beginning of November, I was so excited for Christmas...and then crap happened and I didn't care.  But, now, I am feeling good again.  I cannot wait to expose Beckham to everything Christmas.  We put up the tree and the nativity scene.  (Yes a few pieces and ornaments are have already been super glued back together, but it was bound to happen eventually.)

Today, I am going to start my Christmas shopping, but yesterday we started off the season with a trip to the Festival of Trees with play group.  I was excited to take Mr. Beckham and he did really good for the first 3/4ths of the trip.  I do think he liked looking at all the trees.  Towards the end he became restless and we headed over to the "kids corner" where for a dollar you can do different activities.  Beckham went fishing, made a candy cane, and a hat.  I brought my camera, intent on taking pictures, but this is the only one that turned out.  So here you go, and here is to me and feeling better.

Luke and Mr. Beck at the Festival of Trees.  Don't you LOVE the bedazzled antlers and the sucker in his mouth.  Classic.


3 comments:

The Wood Family said...

Jose. My heart breaks that this has been such a hard month! Can I help with Beck on Dec 8? I would really love to. Or can I bring dinner? Or something? PLLEEEAASE?
I love you. I'm sure I say/do things wrong sometimes, but I just think you're great.
Love,
Steph

anya said...

Love you! So glad you are feeling better! Love that pic! Beck is such a stud I can't stand it! Oh, and my kid is pretty cute too! ;)

The Evers Family said...

Migraines are the worst. Truly the worst. I'm sorry.