Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Deck The Halls...

The last few weeks, slowly, but surely we have been decorating our home for Christmas.  I have been so excited to get Beckham involved.  I have been recording every kiddie Christmas show to help him understand.  A week ago, we put up our main Christmas tree...and I could tell Beckham liked it.  I LOVE it, but I know its not the most kid friendly tree.  He loved the balls and loved to take them off the tree...and that was okay with me.  In fact, I welcomed it.  I wanted to have a good time.

Last night we finished decorating and put up Mr. Beckham's Christmas tree.  I am so excited for this tradition.  I got the idea from my aunt to put a Christmas tree in each of my children's rooms.  This way, Beckham can put the ornaments he wants on the tree.  He can play with them and throw them.   He also loved the idea of the lights in his room.  So...we got him all ready for bed in his new Christmas jammies and pulled out the tree.  He was so funny.  He loved helping me "fluff" out the tree.



We had gone to Target a few days earlier for him to pick out his ornaments.  We thought about doing a "car" tree or a "super hero" tree...but Beckham wanted to put animals on his tree this year.  He picked out some bright colored balls and some animals.  As we started to place the ornaments on the tree, I realized we were going to have a problem with the animals he chose.  Roxy was under the assumption they were her toys, and Beckham decided that he would taunt Roxy with them...fabulous...



Last, but not least, daddy helped little Beckham place the star on the top...

Now, if you come over to the house and you see this tree, and all the ornaments are in one area of the tree...that is okay.  That is how Beckham wants it.  However, I will add I am moving some of the animals closer to the top so Roxy doesn't chew them to death;)


We finished our night by starting our tradition of reading one Christmas book every night.  Next year, I am going to wrap all the books so he can unwrap one each night; however, Beckham has not learned that presents that are wrapped have gifts in them.  This has allowed all the presents under the tree to remain wrapped.  I am thrilled with this development and have decided to let him believe this a little longer.  Beckham does like to make towers with the presents, but not one single gift even has a tear.  This may be a miracle.



Micah and I went outside to turn on our lights.  For the last couple weeks we had been trying to place lights on our house; however there were many problems with this desire.  (1)I neglected my yard in November and didn't do a very good fall clean up which has led to our gutters to be filled with gunk.  (2) An early snowfall froze our gutters.  (3)We cannot place the clips on our gutters to put up the lights.  So...I finally decided to forfeit the lights this year.  Instead I had Micah put up these snow flake lights on the front porch...
I went out to take some pictures on Sunday night, but because it was so foggy, it ended up being a clouded mess of a picture.  Thats okay.  You get the idea.


Last, but not least I decided to post pictures of my tree.  I tried to find pictures I took last year, so I could do it the same this year, but I couldn't find any.  So this year, I will post them here and then I won't have any trouble finding the pics.  Now...incase you haven't seen my house at Christmas, it is not very traditional.  If you know me, you know I like it a little modern.  So, my decorations fit my personality...

There are lots of sequins and sparkles, and lots and lots of black and white.

My favorite ornaments?...
The ones Beckham can break of course.







And last but not least my nativity...
And don't you worry.  In the first day alone, 3 pieces had to be super glued back together.  Oh, the joys of having a little child with breakables around.  To be honest...I wouldn't have it any other way!

5 comments:

the johansen's said...

I love Beck's tree. We all had a tree in our room. I love that tradition and will definitely have trees in our kids room!

Annie said...

I love the idea of giving Beckham his own tree. How fun!

Melyn said...

I think that's such a good idea for beck to have his own tree! Very cute traditions :)

The Stringham's said...

ok i love your Tree..so fun and i love the idea of tree in the bedroom Tess would LOVe it. Your home looks so fun and festive! you are too cute!

1runhen@comcast.net said...

Do you really have that nativity!?! One day, Mitch will get the hint.