Monday, December 6, 2010

Holidaze At The Work Place...

Micah works for a fabulous company.  Each year we look forward to their annual Christmas Party at The Grand America.

However, this year, my head was spinning so much, I really hadn't thought about it...and then I realized it was only a week away!  We thought it would be a perfect time to spend some quality "Micah/Josie" time together, so we asked my parent's if they could watch Mr. Beckham for the evening and booked a room at The Grand.  All week I was really looking forward to it, and we ended up having such a great time...I am so glad we went.

We started out the afternoon by going to see the movie, Tangled.  We had been wanting to see it, but we kept debating whether or not to take Beckham to it.  We finally decided he wasn't ready to sit for 2 hours, we went just the two of us...and I LOVED.  It thought is was so great.  It reminded me of the princess movies when I was growing up.  So fun.

We were planning on heading down to the Gateway to do some Christmas shopping before heading to the hotel, but we got a little held up at home...so we went straight to the hotel.  It ended up being okay and we made it to the party on time.  Everyone gets a little dressed up, and they have such great food.  My favorite thing is the bread pudding, and I don't even like bread pudding.  His company puts on a nice program complete with lots of gift giveaways and a hypnotist.  Every year Micah thinks he is going to win one of the prizes and every year he is disappointed.  This year, they gave away basketballs, season passes to everywhere, gift certificates, iPads, camera's, camcorders, pretty much anything and everything.  I just laugh and always tell him, you know its never going to happen.  Sure enough, he didn't win a prize...but at the very end of the party they gave away their grand prizes.  This year there were six...and they called Micah's name!!!  How exciting, right?  I was thrilled for him.  Not only did he win a prize, but it was a big prize too.  A 50inch Plasma TV.  The whole company cheered for him, and I know he was pretty excited too.

Most of the company gets rooms at the hotel, and it was very nice not to have to drive home.  We went up to our room...a suite no less...and slept and slept.  We had to pick Beckham up from my parent's before they went to church at 10:10.  We didn't think it would a problem waking up in time because Beckham usually wakes us up by 7:00, but when I finally looked at the clock it was 9:50am!  Haha.

It was so incredibly nice to get away.  Until you have children, you do not understand the value of sleeping without them.  Uninterrupted sleep.  It brings tears to my eyes to have that little break.  THANK YOU!!!  My mom and dad have been so awesome this last month with Beckham.  They are always willing and HAPPY to help me with him.  I have appreciated it so much.  I do not tell them enough.  I know that it isn't always the most convenient thing to do, but I recognize the effort they put into it.  Thank you!

Here are some pics to remember the fantastic occasion...

Ang, Brandon, and my sweet husband at our table.  This year everyone had a Sweet Tooth Fairy cupcake and cake bite at their table.


Micah and me.  We were so excited that for one day we could just focus on each other.


Micah with his prize.  The only down side of winning was...how do you get this thing home?  Luckily, the bell boys did a great job at helping us fit it in our car.


When we got up to our room they had this creepy Christmas music playing.  I am sure it was "classical Christmas" or something like it.  We had a good laugh.

And last but not least...
The happy couple.


BTW...at the very end of the party, his company does a big balloon drop with money in the balloons.  I only caught one balloon this year, but it had $50 in it.  Not bad.  Not bad at all.


3 comments:

anya said...

This is such a FANTASTIC yearly tradition that Micah's company does! I can't believe he got the TV! AWESOME! Where is that sucker going??

Melyn said...

What an awesome party! Congrats on the prizes!

1runhen@comcast.net said...

That is so awesome!!!! Jealous about everything.