Monday, August 15, 2011

Lindsey and Matt: The Rehearsal Dinner

One part of the wedding I was really looking forward to was the rehearsal dinner.  Its a little bit more mellow than the reception.  You have more time to converse with people that you are closest to... and we were not in charge which meant much less stress.  Micah and I had a wedding "lunch" after the ceremony, and I really wish I had done the dinner.  I think you are more relaxed the night before.  At my lunch my parents were itching to get out of there to get the house ready for the wedding.  Anyway, its all in hindsight.

Matt and Lindsey's dinner was wonderful.  That day we spent most of the time getting ready for the reception...so the dinner was a very welcome break.  Matt's parents chose Carver's Steakhouse.  It was delicious.  Micah and I were actually on time...and we had a babysitter for Beckham...so the night was our's.  The night started out great with Jordan and Melyn walking in.  (I haven't seen them since March, so it was so good to see them.)

This rehearsal dinner was FANCY PANTS.  It was very formal.  We were all dressed up.  My dad even wore a suit and he NEVER wears a suit.  (I can probably count on one hand how many times I have seen him in a suit.)  Micah and I sat with my siblings and my dad's brothers and sisters.  My parents sat on the other side of the room on this LONG table.  My dad was stuck in the middle of this bench.  I found it quite funny.  He was like a caged rat.  In order for him to get out to talk to anyone, he had to have everyone else get out.  I kept visiting him to make him feel better:)  Here are some of the guests at this LONG table...
The cute couple.  Matt and Lindsey.  I dare say, Matt's cheek bones look very nice in this picture.  (Inside joke)

Look at my cute parents.  They honestly have very few pictures of the two of them.  I think this turned out good...


I don't think I have ever posted pictures of my grandparents...
My mom's mom.  Lynda (Grandy) and Grandpa Rick.


My grandma Della and my mom's dad, Larry.


Matt's cute mom made this favor table with Lindsey and Matt's favorite treats...

I tried to get a cute picture of me and my sister.  I look terrible, but I had to post this picture because of Mitch...
This is so not Mitch's personality, but it was classic.

I did finally get an awesome picture with me and my siblings...


And our alter egos...

The night ended with a little video and each of the parents saying a few words.  My dad was going to sing to them...but time ran short.  So sad:(  Micah and I headed home to our bed...while my crazy sister and dad went to the rink at midnight to freeze 30 newly boughten Tupperwares filled with water.  Why?  Stay tuned...



1 comment:

anya said...

oh gosh. i love that picture of your parents. really cute! but my favorite picture is the last one. lindsey looks so happy... i love it!