Tuesday, August 30, 2011

It's Raining Men...

I have the most amazing friends.  Not long after I became pregnant, Anya started bringing up the subject of throwing me a little shower.  I was not too keen on the idea because, well, we hadn't had showers for any of our other friends when they had their second child.  Anya insisted, and I gave in because I thought it was a good reason to get us girls together.  It isn't often we can all get away for a night without our little ones.  (It might be a little easier for Jeana and Sarah Lynn to ditch their men tho;)

Another reason I was excited about the idea was that my sisters could come!  Even the fresh off her honeymoon Lindsey was there!  Back when Beckham was born, Allie was still in Omaha and Lindsey was in Italy, so neither or my sister came to any of my showers.  It was okay, but I did miss them.

Anya and everyone really out did themselves with showering my little boy with lots of love.  Anya used the colors grey and yellow, and I just LOVE those colors right now...

I loved the drink.  It was a fantastic punch, but the best part was that it was served in mason jars, used as cups, with these darling grey and white stripped straws.

Anya even had a game prepared, and she knows me so well.  It was a "Name that Tune" type of game where all the songs used the word baby.  (I won of course:)

I felt so loved.  Being a mom, I realize how valuable time is, and I am so grateful, so many came.  I love them all...
These are girls that make me feel young.  I won't even tell you the age difference between us, but these two are so special to me.  Cute Jeana, on the left, was recently engaged.  I am so so so excited for her.  And of course there is Sarah Lynn on my right.  The best neighbor ever!  Sarah and I are similar in many different ways.

And of course the rest of the ladies...
Allie, Sarah, Jen, me, Lindsay, Anya, and Lindsey.  We are missing Jess who came later and sweet Annie in Colorado.  Can you believe that we all still get together 10 years after high school?  Crazy?

It was the best time.  I felt so honored that so much work went into the party for my little boy.  I have the best friends and family ever!




4 comments:

the johansen's said...

This post made me so happy!

anya said...

soooo happy to do it for you my dear Jo! It turned out well... and I am glad that you had a good time, because I sure did! I think we all need Allie's recipe for the punch. So good. And, ps who decided to put me in between the two skinniest girls there. yikes.

The Evers Family said...

K, that picture at the end was AWFUL. Seriously, please say the camera just added 10 pounds and I don't really look like that.

Annie said...

Jo! Looks like so much fun. so sad I missed it! Can't wait to meet the little man!