Saturday, August 20, 2011

Lindsey and Matt: The Luau

I know lots have been waiting to see pictures from the wedding. They aren't that great but there are a TON. I'll have to post some from the amazing wedding photographer, sarahdphotography, when they are done...

After the ceremony, we went to my parent's to begin the final preparations. This is the part I was dreading the most. My mom would be going crazy and I was sure there was still so much to be done, but my cute aunt Jenna and uncle Paul had been there all day. The place already looked great. My mom was surprisingly calm. Within a couple hours, Micah and I had to get ready for pictures and get ready to party.

For those of you that don't know, I was completely against having the reception in my parent's back yard.  The thought brought back horrible memories of all the work and stress my wedding caused.  I felt like no one in my family really enjoyed my reception.  It was amazing and beautiful, but stressful.  I have to say, Lindsey's wedding was AMAZING.  It was a luau.  My mom called it a Tahitian Luau, because it was classy and not cheesy.  It was so much fun.  It was probably one of the prettiest receptions ever...next to Allie's and mine of course;)  It was completely unique.  So here are some pictures and a few fond memories along the way.

I never really got any pictures taken of the decor at my wedding, so I was pretty determined to get some at Lindsey's.  So don't mind the million pictures of plants...
Isn't this cool?  We had two of the them.  Pineapple palm trees.  My grandpa made the stands and then they used real pineapple to make them look like a palm tree.

Every table had a different and unique center piece.  I took the pictures in bright sunlight, so they are awful, but oh well...



As soon as the reception was over, I snook this one out of the house.  I just had to have it!...





I might have taken this one too...





My cousin Ellie makes wedding cakes.  She has made some pretty cool ones.  Lindsey knew she just wanted a chocolate covered cake...



Enough plants.  How about some fun pictures...


Holy Cow!  Did the Henderson's actually take a family picture?...


My man!  Look at that blonde hair...


My parent's and the bride.


What an awesome picture of the two.  Side note...This is the last picture taken of my dad in his tux.  Within moments of this picture my dad changed...and not for the better.  You will have to wait and see what he looked like after.


This cute family has not had a family picture taken in FOREVER.  I had to snag one...


Matt, Lindsey, and the bridesmaids.  Yes, there were quite a lot of us.  I have to say I LOVED my dress.  I really think I had the best dress.  I might have looked quite large, but I was very comfortable.  (Thank you Lindsey for working so hard to find my dress!)


Check out these two stud muffins.  Are they not the cutest?...


The lighting was horrible, but I had to get a picture of all four boys.  Creighton's favorite memory of the reception was dancing with uncle Jordan on the tramp.  I am so excited for my little baby to join them...


My aunts quilt a blanket for all the newly weds.  I loved Lindsey's...


My grandpa brought up his fun car to help us decorate the house.  The little boys loved modeling in front of it...






Micah might have enjoyed it too...


A view from the top...


Okay, here it is.  My dad's outfit.  The camera doesn't do it justice.  The story behind this outfit is this...my dad was the one who came up with the idea of a luau reception for two reasons.  #1. So my dad could wear a hawaiian shirt. #2. So he could have snow cones at the wedding.  Well...Lindsey really wanted pictures of my dad in a tux, so the deal was after the pictures he could change into the same hawaiian shirt as Micah, Mitch, and Jordan.  Lindsey assumed my dad would wear the tux for at least a half hour, but I think he lasted 15 min.  On top of it, my dad didn't wear the dark dress pants like Micah and Mitch...NO...he wore what looked like church pants cut off at the knee.  When he walked, his garments showed.  Then he wore the ugliest shoes.  So my dad...


Beckham LOVED dancing.  Here he is with Matt's mom, Kim...


And dancing with Papa...


There was two pigs we ate, hula dancers and a fire dancer...


The Polynesian band that played had all the bridesmaids and groomsman come up on the stage and do a dance off.  I danced pretty hard.  I would hate to see the video, but apparently people thought I was going to go into labor...


My favorite part of party was the snow cone shack.  The machine was a real hawaiian ice machine.  It made the best snow cones.  I might have had six...or more.  They were so so good...


The night ended with the traditional tossing of the bouquet and garder.  Both of these items went to little kids under the age of ten:)...


Eventually the party did end, but it was such a great party.  Don't believe me?  Ask these two partiers.  They were the last ones to leave...




3 comments:

The Stringham's said...

i loved it. and yes the snowcones were delightful!!! i just love your family. xoxo

anya said...

I am dying!!! Sadly, I am even more disappointed I couldn't see it in real life now! Dang it! I loved it all.... the couple. Car. Flower arrangements seriously amazing! That.pineapple palm tree? Serious? So cool. Love the dresses and the whole wedding party attire. Hum.... I could go on and on. I loved it all!!!

Annie said...

Jo! What a fun wedding! I wish I could have stopped by while I was in town, but alas, the night got away from me. I'm so glad you posted all the fun pictures, though!