When Beckham was a baby, I took him to tons and tons of movies. I remember taking him to Julie and Julia. It was the last movie he went to. Beck started crying and an old man got mad at me. I left in tears.Well, Micah and I have waiting to find the perfect movie to reintroduce Beckham to "going to the movies." Lately, Beckham has been LOVING the Baby Einstein animal movies. He gets so excited. So...today was the day to take him to the movies and Oceans was the lucky movie. I was pretty nervous, but felt like I had two things going for me. 1. Its been out a couple weeks so hopefully it wasn't busy. 2. It wasn't a movie I had been dying to see, so I felt like if it went really bad we could walk out.
How did Beck do? He loved it. I've always felt like going to movies was more about the experience than the movie its self, but Beck doesn't eat popcorn or drink soda. Would he still enjoy it? Beckham still LOVED it. He watched the movie. He loved the music. He was startled when a fish or animal jumped out. He even tried to eat some popcorn and then would drink his sippy of water. The final 5 minuets he started to get restless, but other than that I was pleasantly surprised. I don't think it will be something we do often, but at least I know it can be done.

2 comments:
Wow, that is really good. I didn't start taking my kids to the movies until they were at least 2.
I bet Lucas would love that movie too! I should take him this week since the weather is supposed to be CRAP!
Post a Comment