Monday, May 17, 2010

Get Ready To Par-Tay!!!

My mom's 50 under 50 marathons was a big accomplishment. My mom really deserved a big rewards. Allie, Lindsey, Jordan, my dad, and I stewed over what to do for her. I know all she really wanted was to have the whole family there, but we wanted to do something. My mom LOVES surprises. Mostly, give surprises, but what the heck? We decided it was time to surprise her. Allie drew up a guest list, a made the invitations, and party was set. The only question was, how do you pull this off. Well, after some brilliant acting by Allie and Lindsey, nonetheless, we pulled off a brilliant surprise...

This is a pic of my mom realizing what was going on. Lindsey, Jord, Melyn, my dad, and I were all in the car. As we were driving up to my parents house, my mom was talking and she just ..s..lo..w..ly stopped talking as she saw all the cars and realized what was going on. I cannot believe we really pulled it off.


Allie did a fabulous job decorating. Can you believe all the medals?


Allie and I found this lady down in St. George that makes these brilliant marathon plaques. We had one made for my mom. It read, "50 Under 50. All it takes is all you got," and then it listed all of her 50 marathons. The plaque had five hooks at the bottom where we could put all of her medals.


My Grandpa Larry is just the best. He is so funny, too. He has this huge backyard where you could probably find anything and everything. He makes lots and lots of yard art. He made this statue of my mom. Classic, isn't it?


He called me asking what he should use as earrings. I don't know? His suggestion? Frying pans or Egg beaters. I actually love what he came up with. As for the face, my grandpa thought it was so funny looking. (I love the tongue hanging out.)


This isn't the best picture, but this is my dad and his best friend John Hansen. John is a great guy. My dad tells incredible stories of them growing up in the avenues. I personally have great stories of him from my trip to Paris.


My mom and one of her dearest friends Sherri Cook. I am so glad she made it.


During the party, my uncle Mike tried feverishly to get Beckham to walk. Still no luck. Its going to happen one day, right?


And last but not least, the party crashers. Bug and his partner in crime, E. These two LOVED the new playground area my mom had set up. The would climb all over each other to get to the top first.


Can I just say how incredibly happy I am when these two are together. They are complete crack ups. BTW, not many pictures of my sweet sister that was in town. I am so lucky I got to see her. (I am going to complain for the next three weeks that I didn't get to see Mitch, Jack, and Creigh, though.)




3 comments:

The Evers Family said...

Great post. I'm going to have to steal all your pictures, because I didn't take any. Love you too!

Tom and Debbie Goodwin said...

I love the pic of your mom getting out of the car with her face in her hands. You guys did a terrific job planning and pulling off her amazing celebration! We sooooo enjoyed being part of it. I will send you my pictures soon.

anya said...

Love love everything! So great!!!! I love her plaque too! I'll have to get that ladies contact info from allie! Super cute!!!