Sunday, May 23, 2010

Oh, The Tragedy...

Last night a tragedy occurred. Micah and I spent an hour last night working on our yard. We were working on the sprinklers, seeing which ones we needed to be replaced or adjusted. Micah made wonderful notes on pink post its. After, we went in the house and did a load of laundry while we watched the very intense and dramatic season finale of Grey's Anatomy. (Maybe be the best two hours of television...ever!) After, I went to put our clothes in the dryer. (We were washing whites.) As soon as I opened up the washer I noticed one of the shirts had a pink tinge to it. Weird. I pulled out another shirt and there was a big black blotch on it. MICAH!!! Micah had asked me to wash his white Nike jacket. The one he was wearing outside while we worked on the sprinklers. The one with the pink post its and a black gel pen in the pocket. Yep. I washed that jacket (his favorite) with his favorite white t-shirt and my new t-shirt with the post its and black pen. Most of it was ruined. We are both sad. We both had losses and to top it off...gone are the notes of all the sprinklers. Lovely. Oh, well. What can you do?

4 comments:

the johansen's said...

This is terrible news!!

Melyn said...

that is so sad!! I hate coloring laundry!

The Evers Family said...

That stinks.

anya said...

Oh crap.