Saturday, May 1, 2010

Do You Really Want To Live Forever...

There are many songs that remind me of my brother. (I have a whole play list of them.) Some of them people might ask, why?, but there are all different kinds of reasons.

Tonight, after a lovely dinner with the parents joined by Uncle Jordan and Aunt Melyn, Micah and I drove home and on the radio came the song Young Forever by Jay-Z. Well, the song Forever Young truly reminds me of my brother. Even though this version was laced with rap, it still brought tears to my eyes. In my mind, Que will always remain young. He is frozen in time. I had one of those moments where I just wanted to see him. I am tired of missing him. I want to hug and tell him how much I love him. I want to thank him for my little boy and tell him how much mom aches for him. I want him to come on our family trip next month. (Can't he just take a vacation from Heaven?)

Then reality sank in. I know I'm not going to see him anytime soon, and I know he is happy and everything will be okay...but it doesn't stop the hurt every once in awhile.

"So many adventures given up today, So many songs we forgot to play...Do you really want to live forever? Forever? Forever Young."


1 comment:

the johansen's said...

You write so beautifully. I love how "Real" your blog is. You are so strong, love you Jos!