Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ode To Joy...

I was recently reading an acquaintance's blog. She has a 9 month old baby, and recently redecorated her house. It was darling, but how long will it last? I remember when my house was darling too, but now many of the decorations have been put away. No longer are there beautiful vases on the floor. Nor do I have center pieces on many of my tables. Why? Because I have a 13 month old little boy. One by one, I would decide to put the decorations away instead of picking them up after my little boy destroyed them.

A month ago, I was at my friends Lindsay's house. While looking in her little girls room, she explained that she put tape on her crib because her little girl was chewing her crib. Strange. I had never heard of this phenomenon. Granted, I really have only heard stories of the things my nephews have done, but really I had never heard of this.

Fast forward three weeks and Micah says to me..."Have you seen what Beckham is doing to his crib?" No. What could Beckham have done to his crib? You guessed it. He was chewing on his crib. Fabulous. I was in love with Beckham's crib. It was in such great condition. Just recently I had been thinking I was so proud of myself for picking something that I still like and keeping it nice. That is now out the door.

Last week, my mom finally decided to buy a crib for her house. It is beautiful and white. My mom put Beckham down for his first nap in it. All the sudden I could hear he was awake in the crib and I raised up the stairs. Too late. Scratches and teeth marks all over it. How sad.

My mom and I went down to Babies'r'us and found a solution. It wasn't as ugly as I was imagining...

It's like a soft plastic and it seems as though Beck likes to chew on it.


It is kinda hard to see through the plastic, but if you look close you can see the teeth scratches.

Well, it will end, right? NO! It does not end. Beckham is having a love affair with would. I was watching a movie with him this afternoon, and look down at my cute coffee table. What do I find...


I point it out to him and say naughty. His response? "DA." Great. Maybe I should just go put all wood furniture in storage for a couple years? Unrealistic? Yes, but a good idea nevertheless.



2 comments:

Lynden and Lyndsay said...

i totally feel your pain on this one!

The Evers Family said...

Oh no! That is awful. That is why I use all hand-me downs. :)