The four Boys waiting to go hunt down some Easter Eggs.
Beckham has been so cute at the two Easter hunts. He totally bends down and picks up the eggs and then drops them in his basket. He doesn't care what's in the eggs, just likes to put them in the basket.
Easton on the other hand, didn't really care how many eggs he had. He looked so funny, but would walk so fast I couldn't take the picture fast enough. He carried one egg in his hand and the pulled his basket behind him walking everywhere and nowhere. Four eggs total.
Now...On to the big kids hunt. For a few years now, my parents fill eggs with pieces of paper with amounts on them. Oh, yeah. We play for really $$$. Okay, now most of the eggs have .25 and .50, but still, its a big deal in our family. A lot of pride is on the line. Now, only the original Henderson children can hunt these eggs. The in-laws are in charge of hiding. This year, since there was snow on the ground, we had on crazy outfits. Lots of Wellies and gardening boots...
Yep, thats me in my killer gardening boots, and Jordan in the background. Allie was too fast to catch on camera:)
The four of us counting our booty. We actually all found around the same amount of eggs, but Lindsey, found the golden egg with the big prize. That lucky girl.
For the first time in a long time it felt like everyone was under one roof. I know Que was there too, but I still missed him. I missed his smile and his voice. This weekend was bitter sweet for me. I don't know if it was because of Easter or conference or everyone was home, but I had a hard time. I've been thinking a lot about Que. He would have loved to have the little boys here. He loved our Easter Egg Hunt. All I can say is that it is true when they say grief can be like a roller coaster that has its ups and downs. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better. Happy Easter to all of you...

2 comments:
Good commentary on the whole day. I should just copy and paste to my blog.
What a fun time! I can't believe how big Beck is!
Post a Comment