Site Seeing Thursday
Micah and I traveled to Seattle last Wednesday night. As we were landing, I was amazed by all of the trees. I thought Utah had forests and trees, but no, nothing compared to Seattle. It was so beautiful. Because of the Puget Sound, there are lakes and massive bodies of water everywhere. It was incredibly scenic.
Our first full day in Seattle, Micah and I did a lot of site seeing. We stayed in the city and took the monorail over the city center. This "center" is where the world fair was held and where the space needle is located. There are also other cool things to see here...like a huge water fountain, children's museum, Science Fiction Museum, and Music Experience Museum. It was pretty cool...

Awesome, eh?
We took Beck to the children's museum. He loved it. I don't think it was better than our children's museum...except for the section that was dedicated to 3 and unders.
Next up, Pikes Place. I had seen pictures of Piles Place whenever you hear about Seattle. I was excited to see what all the fuss was about. While we were here, we also met up with some of Micah's family.
My favorite part. My mom and told me about the flower markets. We are talking about a half mile of various flower vendors. All selling fresh cut flowers. I was amazed. Plus...it was incredible cheap. Since I couldn't take them all home, I took lots of pictures. My favorite is my little boy posing in front of the tulips.
I had to buy a bunch to take back to our room. How much would this cost if I bought it here? $30, $35, $40? Well I payed $10. It took me like an hour to chose. I finally decided on this bunch because it was different.
This last picture needs an introduction. Micah's sister Danielle can complain just a little...lol. She complained her feet hurt so we sent her out to find a place to sit down. We came out to this site...
Yep. Apparently her new boyfriend, "Mr. Homeless." Her face is priceless, but its hard to see in this picture.

2 comments:
I'm so glad you had the chance to tour around! I LOVE pike's place market, and the flowers are my favorite part too! I can't believe they are so cheap :) glad you had a great time!
Those flowers are gorgeous. Jealous.
Post a Comment