Saturday, March 3, 2012

Three Years Ago...

Three years ago, Micah and I were so nervous and excited.  We had waited so long to have a little baby and he was finally here!




I can't believe how fast time flies.  My little boy is three years old!  It makes me feel so old!  Beckham is one of the happiest funniest most delightful little boys.  He does give a run for my money at times but at others he makes me happy in a way no one else can.

Beckham LOVES to play.  Especially with his cousin Easton.  Most mornings that is the first thing he asks to do.  When Beckham says the word "play" it sounds more like "pray."  Beckham loves to play pretend.  He is usually a Star Wars character or a super hero.  He is very boy and loves swords and guns and at times thinks he can shoot fire out of his hands.  He loves his "guys" and can spend hours playing them.  Its amazing how much he knows when one is missing.

Beckham sleeps about 12 hours every night going to bed around 8 and waking up around 8.  When he wakes up he is the happiest boy, usually telling us "I wake up!"

I LOVE listening to Beckham talk.  Some of the things he comes up with cracks me up.  For instance, the last couple days he has been saying, "What the heck?" and "Its so cute."  (Been around his mom WAY too much.)

Beckham is so much like Micah and me it is scary.  First, he looks just like Micah.  Down to his blonde hair Micah had when he was little.  They both have the same legs and Beckham talks about jumping all the time.  Beckham is tall and skinny.  In fact, his waist fits clothes 18-24 months, but he needs the length of a 4T.  Beckham also gets super hot when he sleeps, just like Micah.  When it comes to me...Beckham has a little bit of my personality.  He is the first one to tell me when things are a mess.  He can have a quick temper, but is also quick to give loves.

Beckham loves to hear stories at night.  Occasionally he says he wants to read them to us, and he usually does a pretty good job remembering what the books say where.

Beckham could spend an hour every night in the tub.  He is my little fish.  Every once in awhile he wants a shower.

Beckham loves to drink chocolate milk.  He prefers that over everything else.  He is slowly eating more and more but still likes noodles and chicken the best.

Beckham can usually count to 10.  He sometimes has a problem with the number 4.  He loves to sing the alphabet song and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

Beckham loves to watch Mickey Mouse, Team Umizumi, Bubble Guppies, and Incredibles.  We may be on the 2000 viewing of watching Incredibles.

Beckham is super friendly, but when he first goes in a room he is super shy.  Especially around Micah's family.

One trait I love about Beckham is how much he loves his brother Graham.  Graham laughs the hardest when Beckham is around.  Beckham loves to sit and cuddle with Graham and always has to make sure that Graham has one of his guys, though I remind Beck Graham is still too small to play with them.  All the time I will find Beckham in Graham's crib with him, just giving him loves.

I love Beckham so much.  Especially when he tells me he loves me.  I can't believe he is three!  Happy Birthday Beck!




2 comments:

Melyn said...

I can't believe he is 3 either!! Crazy. He is such a sweetie, we miss playing with him so much!

anya said...

Happy Birthday Beck!