Taking three weeks off from waking up at 5 am had some really nice benefits...namely, more sleep. I quickly forgot how I was able to get up so early. Then I started thinking I was nuts for getting up so early. Finally, I was scared of the thought of trying to get up that early again. But, when my toe healed and I went back to getting up early I remembered just how I would do it. It goes something like this...
I set my alarm for 4:55am. When it first goes off, I don't realize its going off. It takes about 2-3 times of hitting the snooze button before I even realize that my alarm is going off. Usually by the third time I start the internal debate. "The bed feels so good. I'll lay here for a just a few for minutes." or "I worked out really hard yesterday, I should take a day off." or "I could sleep for two more hours, make it to my parents and work out there before Micah leaves for work." or "I've been really good lately. I deserve a day off." or "Today is going to be hard day. I need some extra sleep." Or one of my favorites... "I'll just try and work out later in the day."
So, I usually chose one of these excuses and lay down again, but then the guilt creeps over... "You will feel so much better if you work out." "You know you won't work out later." "You want to lose more of those baby pounds."
By 5:30 I usually manage to pull myself out of bed, but I continue to debate crawling back in. Sometimes, I will even make it down to the gym and I will still be saying, "You could go back home now and get an extra hour of sleep."
But, when I leave the gym, and get in my car, I thank myself for getting up early. (I particularly love the mornings when its still dark outside when I drive home. For some reason I think it quieter when its dark.) I don't think I get up so early to work out. Yes, its nice to get it out of the way and check one thing off my list, but I could find away to work out later in the day. I get up so early for those few quite moments to myself. I drive home without the radio on and listen to the peace and quiet of the early morning. I drink it all in because I know that in a few moments it will all be over. Soon the boys will be awake and my day will begin again, but for now this is the few moments I have for myself.
Loves,
Josie
2 comments:
you are amazing! for many reasons i will never be getting up that early for the gym. i wish i could, but i am not as awesome as you! :)
You never should. Its horrible...plus your schedule is so crazy! But you look awesome! You really do. I can't believe how much weight you've lost!
Post a Comment