So...back in November I started making plans. For a long time I thought we would go the Murray pool. He loves to swim, but I knew some of the mom's wouldn't be too hot on that. Beckham also LOVES movies, so way back in November I checked to see if any fun movies came out around Beckham's birthday...and lo and behold...Dr Seuss' The Lorax was set to be released that very day. Perfect!
Slowly, I thought and thought about what would go along with the party. My cute girlfriend did an amazing Dr Seuss party for her little boy's 1st birthday, I looked at etsy and so on for ideas. This last month I started putting everything together.
Most of the invites were more "Cat in the Hat" themed, so I decided to buy some clip art and make my own invites...
We were going to be having the party at the movie theatre, so decorations had to be kept to a minimum. I opted to put more time and effort into the favors. I may have gone WAY over board. You don't need to reming me:) This is what I came up with... (***I took pictures of everything to document for myself.)
Inside were little bags of treats. I tried to find treats that would go with the various Dr. Seuss books. I might have gone a little bit overboard, but I found some cute ideas...
(You can't really tell what these are, but they are gummy letters. I was trying to go with Dr. Seuss' ABC book.)
Inside this bag was those little wrist bands that are really in right now. The bands were in the shape of animals to go along with the book In My Zoo.
These bears were suppose to be the "fauna" from the book The Lorax.
These weren't really green eggs, and they were hard as rocks, but cute eh?
And then I just made tags for water for the adults.
Birthday morning came and Micah and I sat around waiting for Beckham to wake up. Of course the one day we are waiting for him to wake up he decides to sleep in...
Finally, the birthday boy arrived...
He loved his new birthday outfit...
His Star Wars Character Encyclopedia...
And of course his "Scary Ninja House" he has been asking for...
Next, we headed out to the movie theatre for the birthday party. Beckham was so excited. He might have started singing Happy Birthday to himself...
Cutest cake ever!
Sam. Love those curls.
Luke and Blake.
Crew and Reagan.
Easton.
Graham.
All the kids love to open presents...
And finally we made it into the theatre...
That night we went to my parents for some takeout and cake. These boys have too much fun together...
Beckham was so cute blowing out the candles. He blew each one out individually...
Happy Birthday Beck! We love you!










6 comments:
Seriously the cutest birthday party ever! You did an amazing job! Happy Birthday Beckham!
so, could you start thinking of party ideas for my kids too?? seriously, you are amazing. everything from the invites to the party favors were perfect!
happy birthday buddy!!
What a cute idea! I love the favors. They must have taken you forever to put together! BTW, Graham is the spitting image of you!
So awesome, good job!
A M A Z I N G !
Post a Comment