Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Walk On...
This is my big toe. She has been going through a rough patch and is finally starting to feel better. It was so depressing I didn't tell many people.
At the end of January, I had just finished doing the Barr Method and went to turn something off when..POP. I could tell my big toe made the pop, but when on with my day. Within a day, my toe was really hurting. Micah would rub it at night and I started wearing more tennis shoes, but it was still hurting. The next week while working out I realized I really couldn't jump at all without it really hurting. I self diagnosed myself with Turf Toe and decided I needed to rest. Two weeks, Three weeks...FOUR weeks later it was still hurting. It was really hard for me.
So...I went to a podiatrist who confirmed my diagnosis. Apparently, my slight bunion made me susceptible to this problem, and the bone that it affects is the only bone in the foot that will not heal if broken. He suggested wearing really ugly running shoes...no more cute Nike's. Its finally starting to feel better. This past week I have started working out again, but I am pretty careful with it.
I am super excited because an actual Daily Method studio just opened up by my house. (Of course it opened the week I hurt my toe, so I have been waiting very patiently to go.) I have gone the past two days and I am incredibly sore. Allie describes it as "walking very special."
Here is to my toe feeling much better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What is the Daily Method? Tell me more!
Oh and what's up with your gimpy toe?! I am glad it's getting better!
Post a Comment