Dreamy Creamy Chicken Taquitos.
Pineapple Cilantro Rice and Orange Kissed Cookies.
Beck swimming at Creighton's Birthday Party.
A cute picture of Graham, just because.
But...then there was tonight...
I would say I put the kids to bed 5 nights a week. I am okay with it. Micah works hard to support our family so I can stay home with our boys, and thats the price I have to pay. I have to say, by 7pm every night I am exhausted...and the idea of bath time, jammies, books, prayers, and bed time seems daunting. I have learned I can't get both boys ready at the same time. Its too hard, but tonight we got home late from Creighton's birthday dinner and I felt I was up for the challenge. Haha.
I got the bath ready for Beck and put him in to play while I got Graham ready. Graham has had a bout of extremely runny, poopie diapers lately. Its fun;) I cleaned up his poopie diaper and got him all naked for the bath when poop started running out of his bum. Instinctually I put my hand under his bum to catch all the poop. Yep, yellow mustard poop all over my hand. Was that really better than the alternative of it going all over the carpet? Not sure, but I went and washed my hands a couple times and moved on.
Graham was just out of the bath and I was racing to put on his diaper before another explosion occurred when I hear Beckham yelling, "I'm done in the tub mom," and I hear him getting out. I tell Beckham to stay in the tub while I get Graham's diaper/jammies on, and does he listen? No. So I leave Graham, to put Beckham back in the tub...when I discover...
THE BIGGEST POOP YOU HAVE EVER SEEN!!! Floating in my beautiful bath tub!
I just start screaming and yelling "oh no, oh no, oh no" and again I instinctually reach my hand in the poop water and yank the poop out of the tub and into the toilet. Then I am looking at my hand then back at the tub, what do I do next??? I have a baby on the changing table without a diaper, a wet child on my new clean floor, a bath tub infected with germs galore, and my hand...oh my hand.
This is what I get for trying to get both boys ready for bed.
Well, after sanitizing, probably the whole house, both children, the bath tub (4x), and my hands (100x)... I finally got Beckham in bed. And at least he can make me smile about it. He started doing his impression of me... "Mommy, remember when you were saying, (in Beckham's best girl voice) "Oh no Oh no, there is poop in my tub." That was so funny mommy." And then he laughs his super cute laugh.
Ahhh, my life with boys. Gotta love it.





6 comments:
Gotta love the poop stories.
ewww! and really funny too! totally think your hand is better than the carpet though, good call!
Oh my oh my oh my! the best part is Beck remembering what you said! hilarious!
PS. Your dinner and cookies look amazing!!!
Oh my goodness that's so bad but so funny!!
I love that Beckham was imitating you. That is the cutest thing I have ever heard!
P.S. sorry you were traumatized by the poop! ;)
love it! your hand is better than the carpet...at least you can wash your hand. I'm the same way i sanitize times 1,000 just to make sure :) your doing fabulous and your dinners look amazing.
Post a Comment