Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Who are You and Where is Micah???

I have such an amazing husband.  I love him so much.  He is my support, my anchor, and my peace.  He knows what I need, even before I do.  I am so grateful for him.

Micah tries so so so hard to make me happy, but romance really isn't his area.  It just stresses him out trying to make everything just right, and I am perfectly okay with that.  Micah has so many other things to offer, it really hasn't ever bothered me.

So imagine my surprise when on February first I found this on the counter...

I called Micah up and told him I had a secret admirer.  He better step up his game;)

The next morning, I went to get in my car to work out and found this...

I was shocked.  I didn't know what was going on.  This was so unMicah like.  I started wondering what was going on.  Where was my husband?

The third morning, I found this by my pump...
Now, I knew this was crazy.  I didn't want to get my hopes up that I might get a little valentine every day, because things like that just don't happen every day to me...but it was TRUE, and little valentines kept coming day after day...


(Probably my favorite, because Micah must love me a lot if he loves me more than basketball.)











For 14 days, I would think about how Micah came up with this.  How long had he planned this?  How much work he went to for this?  I would tell Allie, and she had all of these theories about a girl selling them at his work, to etsy or pintrest...but I realized I didn't really care.  I was so amazed at what he had done and felt so loved.  This was a huge deal for Micah, and I really really appreciated it.


The last morning, Valentine's Day, I woke up to find flowers and an apron to wear while I cook.  Valentine's has never been a big holiday for us, but this year Micah tried so hard...and I felt loved...really really loved.

Thank you, love.



3 comments:

Melyn said...

That is so sweet!!

anya said...

This is amazingly sweet and AWESOME! BIG POINTS MICAH!

So, I must know... where did he come up with all of this?

The Stringham's said...

ok....darling! can Micah talk to Ryan :) darling family.