Just wanted to share this experience...
When we found out we were pregnant, we were so excited...but I was so terrified a birth mother would call and want to place with us. What would I say? I have to admit, I have a hard time with adoptive couples that adopt when they are pregnant and do not tell the birth mother until after she has placed with them. I just think its wrong, but I can kinda understand that maybe they are worried the pregnancy might not last...but, I don't think I could do it. I know of too many adoptive couples that CANNOT conceive and are still waiting. For us, we couldn't take that baby away from another family.
So, we decided to tell our social worker... At 11 weeks I gave her the call. She is the busiest person I know, so I always ask her if she has a second to talk. She proceeded to tell me she was in Las Vegas sitting in this beautiful foyer and had all the time in the world. I proceeded to tell her the amazing news and I could hear her weeping and weeping. It was a long while until she said anything. I knew she would be so happy for us. She is one of the very few that understand the magnitude of everything we have been through.
When she finally spoke she told me this amazing story... She said, "I just knew you were pregnant. I knew, but I didn't know how to tell you. A few weeks ago the state called the director of LDS Family Services. There was a mother at IMC giving birth to a baby girl that the state was going to take custody of. Essentially, the state wanted the director to find a family to place this baby girl for adoption with." The director had heard of Micah and I and what we had been through. Her first call was to my social worker to ask Pam if she knew of any couples that would want this child. Pam knew the director was asking specifically about Micah and I, but she couldn't say our names. It was on the tip of her tongue, but it wouldn't come. She finally the director no, and as she hung up the phone she cried because she knew this is what Micah and I would have wanted. She mother wasn't going to change her mind. There wasn't going to be this wait and worry ordeal, but she couldn't say our name. Pam thought about it day and night and when she finally prayed to gain some clarity she was told that I was pregnant. And now I was calling to confirm to her what the spirit had told her.
This story is amazing to me. It reminds me of the hand that God had in this pregnancy. And I just love Pam. Its amazing how closely she works with God doing his work.
2 comments:
love this story. i also love miss pam. what a woman for such a crazy insane job. she deserves an award!
I hadn't heard this story before! This is absolutely amazing. Gosh, how thankful I am for amazing people that listen to the spirit.
Post a Comment