Thursday, March 31, 2011

Boy Oh Boy...

With all of the nerves about the little one in my belly, we have had quite a few ultra sounds.  We went in for one at week 15.  We knew there was a small chance they would be able to tell sex of the baby.  A few weeks before I was excited...but the few days before I was terrified.  Micah was beyond thrilled.  It was like Christmas Eve for him, but I was so nervous.  I don't know exactly what it was.  Maybe it was because they would find something wrong.  Maybe its because the baby wouldn't be moving.  Maybe its because I was worried they wouldn't be able to tell the sex.  Either way, I was terrified out of my mind.  (To be honest, I have been for every ultra sound.)

This ultra sound we were able to see so much more.  Our baby was getting so much bigger...
Can you see his little face in this picture?  Look at that nose?  Its pretty prominent.  Micah's nose?


There were a couple times they were able to catch some things that I could recognize...
Like his hand!  Look at it waving at his mommy and daddy?  He says, "Hi, its me.  Now let me sleep."


Our little man started to get upset and curled into a little a ball...
In this picture he is curled up with his head and feet pushing against my belly.  Can you see all those little toes?


So, the big question was...were we going to find out the sex of our little one?  Well, like I said, he curled into a little ball and let it all hang out...
For the majority of the ultra sound, all we saw were little boy parts; so, there was no question this was a little boy.  Not at all.


   
I had always wondered how do they tell you...and you know what...she just started pointing everything out, "here is his scrotum"...and I had to sit there for a second to realize what she said...we were in for another wild indian.

2 comments:

anya said...

I love the hand picture! So precious!

The Stringham's said...

yea!!!!! i am SO excited.