Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Arrrgghh, Matey!!!

I was at a loss of what to do on Beckham's actual birthday.  I had to do something.  Beckham is my only little boy, and I really wanted to make it special.  Allie and I decided to take the boys to lunch and to do somewhere fun.

On a whim, I came up with the idea of making a little pirate map and telling them "pirate things" we were going to do that day.  Beckham and the little boys LOVE pirates, so I thought a mini pirate party would be fun...
First, the doorbell rang with a surprise map left on the door step.  Jackson was the only one that seemed interested.

Our first stop was the "pirate store" for purchase a couple pirate neccessities...
Love the hat backwards, Beck.


The other three fearsome pirates.

Our second stop was McDonalds for some chicken nuggets and a little play time.

And last, the boys found their "treasure" at a little toy store where they each got to pick out a surprise.

We finally made it home...
With all four pirates intact.  (You can see how happy they all are.)

Last, but not least, we had some yummy birthday cupcakes.
Though his big day didn't turn out exactly how I had originally envisioned in my head, I tried really hard.  And honestly, I think he had a great time.  Happy Birthday, Beckham!

3 comments:

Sarah D said...

Sounds like a great birthday to me!

anya said...

Sounds fab. Completely fab.

The Evers Family said...

You did try really hard. It was so cute. Even the "burning" of the treasure map. you're such a good mom.