I had a nice talk with Allie and decided to forgo a friends birthday party this year. (I think I'll do it every other year.) However, I did want to make a big deal out of Beckham's birthday, so we ended up having a little family party. Last Monday we went to The Spaghetti Factory with my family, Micah's parents, and Lexie. It turned out to be a great idea. (I had brought my camera, but forgot to take any pictures at dinner. Darn.)
After dinner we headed over to my parents for cake, ice cream, and presents...
Allie and I worked all day to create this masterpiece. Yep. Didn't turn out to be much, right? Oh well. I made a really great effort.
My favorite part of the night was Beckham blowing out his candles. He tried so so so hard...but as he tried to blow out of the little hole he made with his mouth, nothing came out.
So...Beckham called for reinforcements...Mr. E to help him blow out the candles. Mr. E actually just spit on the cake. LOL.
After the candles were gone, Beckham decided to give blowing them out again another try.
After cake we opened a couple presents. I just loved watching him open the gifts because this was the first time Beckham actually got the concept there were gifts inside these wrapped beauties...
Saying his cute "cheese."
His little party ended up being a great success. I think the best part was that made me feel like I did try to do something. Next year, though, I will be planning the party much much earlier. Till Then.
1 comment:
I can't believe how big Beckham is getting... and I think your cake is cute! I don't do friend parties every year either. Sometimes just having family parties is really nice. Josie, thank you so much for the sweet comments you left on my blog the other day. Your thoughtful words were so full of understanding and comfort... probably because you have experienced a lot of those same feelings. Thank you :)
Post a Comment