Friday, September 3, 2010

Love Her...

It's Lexie's Birthday today! We haven't seen Lexie for awhile. Six months to be exact. However, Beckham and I were able to see her this past Tuesday. I was excited for her to see Beckham. Beckham has changed so much in the last six months. He is walking and talking. He understands phrases and loves to interact with people. He is just at such a great age.

I can still picture the look on her face when she saw Beckham for the first time on Tuesday. It was a look a love and it melted my heart. Beckham didn't skip a beat. He gave her a big hug and kiss and then took her to the playground to play...







Lexie and Beckham played the whole time. Those were her hands pushing him, catching him, and watching over him.

Both Lexie and I love Beckham so much. I realized Beckham is ridiculously lucky to have so many people that love him so much. That's what adoption is about...love. Adoption is not easy mind you, but it is an act of incredible trust and love.

I love Lexie so much. I cannot explain how happy I was to see her, and you want to know why? Because I could tell that she was happy. She had a glow about her. She looked amazing. She laughed and smiled.

Birth Mother's are amazing human beings. They sacrifice so much for their child, and they are only able to do this because they love their child so much. I cannot imagine how hard it was for Lexie, but I want her to know how much I love Beckham. He is a miracle. My miracle. There is not a day that goes past that I do not think of Lexie and all that I have because of her. I am grateful for a Heavenly Father that loves her, and watches over her.




3 comments:

Melyn said...

What a sweet post. I think it's awesome that you keep in such close contact with her. I'm sure she loves it!

Lexie said...

It was GREAT to see you guys! I LOVE you guys so much!

anya said...

Love this post...