1. Cut two holes in the wall to hide the cords in Beckham's room.
2. Get a new door handle (with a lock) for Beckham's room.
3. Put a door handle on our third bedroom. (Yes, that bedroom has never had a door handle.)
4. Set up our new dvd player and new comcast converter boxes?
Micah went to work. Did it really work out as I had hoped? No, but he gave it great effort and I am proud.
Task 1. Our dear family friend, Stephen gave me specific instruction on how to accomplish this. Should have been a twenty minute problem and it took us hours and three trips to the store. Finally we got the cables behind the wall. It looked great....
As I was looking at the little hole in the wall that Micah cut, I realized, "hey, I can see the next room." Not only did Micah cut a hole in one wall, but it went through to the next room...
Task 2. Micah buys the completely wrong door handle. (Why is it that all door handles look the same to men?) So, I go back down to the store to buy the right one, and then have to go to another store to return the wrong one. Total trips to the hardware store for this one task=3.
Task 3. With this door handle, we actually had the door handle. All Micah needed to do was install it. Easy? No. Apparently the door handle was never installed because the door was made too big for the door frame. We didn't realize this until we installed the door handle and closed the door. The door was stuck. Never to open again, until Micah has to brake the door down.
Task 4. New dvd player. Piece of cake. Cable converters? Not so much. After literally 7 calls to Comcast and three trips to the Comcast Center our modem is now not working. Wonderful. Now, Micah must make another trip to Comcast.
All in all, most of the projects are done. I don't want to start another one, though. Lets hope nothing else comes up. I will say thins, even with Micah's limited knowledge in handy man issues, I wouldn't have him any other way.

3 comments:
What a headache, I'm sorry!
I love this post. Sounds like my life, but I don't think Mitch would even attempt. Good for Micah. P.S. You want to make me a blog background again? this is adoreable!
i had scott read this and we both had a good laugh! Did you know that Scott takes lots and LOTS of trips to Home Depot for EVERY project. I swear every time he works on a project he has to go to Depot... oh and he insists on a new tool every project as well. Hum.
Post a Comment