Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Bought a Coke and Some Gasoline...

This Labor Day weekend, Micah and I decided to take our little Bug on a getaway. (I had two other reason's for wanting to go on the trip. One, to get Micah away from work for THREE WHOLE DAYS, and Two, to go shopping at Lulu:)

My parents and Lindsey were running the Disneyland 1/2 Marathon, so we flew down to Cali with them. It was such a great little getaway. We had a couple hiccups, but overall it was a fantastic.

I think the best part of the trip was...EMBASSY SUITES. For all of you parents out there, have you ever been trying to fall asleep in the same room as your child? Not fun. At the last minute, my dad changed our hotel to Embassy Suites. I haven't stayed in on since I was a kid, but I LOVED it. A suite is TWO rooms. One for Beckham. One for Micah and I. Oh, it was very nice.

The trip started out great for Mr. Beckham. We took a LATE night flight, which meant Mr. B was up very late. He loved the shuttle to the car rental...

Mostly, he loved the pole in the shuttle.


This is Beckham's new face. Micah and I laugh and laugh when he does it.


Saturday, started out great. We took a dip in the pool...and then went shopping! We were only at the South Coast Plaza for about an hour. Have you ever been there before? Yeah, definitely not enough time.

Afterwards we went over to Maggiano's for dinner. It was so delicious. Sarah Lynn introduced us to it, and we had such a great time. (I have a picture of us at dinner. I'm trying to find it. See broken camera below.)

Then, the not so great part happened. Micah, my dad, and I headed to Downtown Disney to see a movie. About 3/4 of the way through, Micah took the keys to go lay down in the car. Highly unusual. When my dad and I finally get out to the car, we find Micah deathly ill. Pretty sure he had food poisoning, poor thing.

Sunday was the 1/2 Marathon. Since Micah was up most of the night, we opted not to go and see them finish. I will say my mom and Lindsey had a great time. (My dad ended up not running because of his foot problems.)

When the girls got back, we headed down to Sand Diego to The Mormon Battalion. Why would we go there? It was a great Sunday activity, and...this is where Lindsay Sherman is serving her mission. It was a big debate on whether or not to go. Sherman has said it would be too hard to see my Lindsey, but in the end we ended up going. As we were getting in the car, I dropped my camera! It broke, right when I wanted to capture some great moments of seeing Sherman. After a short freak out, we went in.

The question was...was Sherman working there then....no. Unfortunately she wasn't there. Maybe, thats the way it was suppose to be. I think we were all a little disappointed. We actually waited around for quite awhile, and finally asked what time she would come in. It wasn't until 4pm and we had already pushed it to 3pm. On the bright side, I have to say I was really impressed with the Mormon Battalion Center. The sisters take you on a tour with talking pictures. (Think Harry Potter.) Its fabulous Sunday activity.


Beck and Micah talking an old time photo. I'll have to post the black and white one when we get it back.





Our little fam outside of the center.


My dad, Jimmy; Lindsey; and my mom.


Beckham priming the pump for water. Sarah Lynn, remind you of anything?


Beckham is now panning for gold. No luck, though.

As we drove back from San Diego, we contemplated what to eat for dinner. We decided to go with another Sarah recomendation. El Torito. Love this place. Mostly because they bring out freshly made flour toritalla's with honeybutter.




Oh, and I love the freshly made to order guacamole...



Mexican food is one of Mr. Beckham's favorites too. "Bring on the black beans," he says.

After dinner we took a little stroll down Downtown Disney for some ice cream. Micah and I had opted not to take Beckham to Disneyland this trip. We questioned it the whole time, but since our trip was so short we decided against it. Beckham is going to have a whole week in Disneyworld in November and we thought that was enough.




Our last day, we went to Fashion Island so I could go to my favorite store...Lululemon. On top of it, we could stop by for a cupcake from Sprinkles. So good! Awesome, huh? However, I think my favorite part of the day was Beckham stopping to say hi to all the dog's at the mall. So cute.
We had such a great time. Cannot wait to do it again.




6 comments:

Melyn said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun!

Sarah D said...

What a fun little trip! It sounds so nice just to get away. That is my kind of getaway. Swimming, shopping, eating and movies. Can I come next time?

Jordan Henderson said...

Aaaaahh, can't wait to see you guys this November!

anya said...

Sounds fabulous! What did you get at LULU???

the johansen's said...

I love this post!! And, I seriously am laughing out lout at Beckham "Priming the Pump!"

The Evers Family said...

Jealousy. I love Beck's new face. Can't wait to see you!!!