...However, then I sit back and remember what a great time we had. For one week, Micah and I were able to just relax and spend time sleeping and enjoying us. Let us take you for a trip down memory lane...













After we land our first stop is always the same...Ruby's Diner. Yeah, I look like crap, but thats what a 9 hour plane ride can do to you.
This was my view from about 8am-3pm. Fantastic, huh? It really is the most beautiful place. Every night I slept 10 hours! 10 hours! Can you believe that? Unheard of for parents, right? Then I would get up and run along the beach, eat an amazing breakfast, and then spend the rest of the day looking at paradise. Where we stay, we never have had bad weather. January, February, April, June, September, and October...all fabulous.
My babe is a sun worshiper. Seriously. He got so tan. Me, I spent most of my day in the shade with my dad.
We have a favorite restaurant there. Okay, there are several, but on is Long Boards. The ribs are soooo good.
The next night we went to another fav resteraunt, Kimo's. Kimo is another name for Jim, so my dad thinks this place is just great. The food is always so good, and they have our favorite, Hula Pie.
Our hotel has a beautiful courtyard with penguins, flamingos, swans, fish, and...pineapple plants. Look at how cute!
Everyday we took a little dip in the pool. Micah loved that they have a basketball hoop. He challenged my dad to HORSE. Guess who won? My dad. (Must be all those special excersizes he does in the gym;)
My dad and I were extra good with the sunscreen. No sunburns here! My dad has a little different routine in Hawaii then the rest of us. We don't really know where he goes and what he does, but he always has interesting stories. This time we got to hear about what he sees under the water with his googles on. Everyday, he would swim laps (with a swim cap and googles just to look extra weird)...and observed what went on under the water. I don't think its appropriate to share some of the things he saw. You'll have to ask him.
At dinner, this what I usually saw. My husband on his phone. For that matter, my mom and dad were on their phones too. What did we do ten years ago?
I don't really know what my dad is doing here. He was trying to do an impression of some of the boys from the island. Doesn't matter though, its just a very Jim like picture.
The lovebirds. Really, this trip was so great for us. I could focus on Micah. I love him so much, and I am reminded how lucky I am to have him.
Me with my iPad. This is not a great picture at all, but its the only picture of me taken without anyone else. On the trip I finished The Demon King, Catching Fire, and a good portion of The MockingJay. I love that on my iPad I can carry my whole bookshelf with me where ever I go.
This is our last night in Hawaii. Really, every night was picturesque, but this was the only night we took pictures of us with the sun setting.

7 comments:
I have looked at this post twice now while at work. So amazing. You both look so relaxed and so in love. What a perfect vacation! So happy you got to go... I need to book one for us!
Looks like you guys had an amazing time! :)
I am so glad you guys had such a great time! So worth it. I'm glad to hear that Beckham had an equally great time at home.
Welcome Home!! I'm glad it was a nice relaxing trip! It's good to have you home!
Jo! This looks like so much fun! Where do you usually stay? I have to go there! You look so great! So happy you got to go there to relax!
So fun, thnx for sharing with us. You guys are such a cute couple and Aubrey had sooo much fun with Becks while you were gone. He is such an easy goin little guy. I want to know where you guys stay and I want to hear what Jim saw with his googles on???
I laughed my head off when you said Beck remembered you! Like he wouldn't??? All parents need time alone, so I hope this was the first of many grownup get-aways.
Post a Comment