Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Down to the Town...

This past weekend, Micah and I were able to have a little getaway.  Yay!

Every year, Micah's work has a little party downtown, usually at a hotel and we stay over night.  This year I was especially excited.  All the previous years, if we stayed over we had to get up super early to get home to pick up Beckham before our babysitter had church.  Not this year!  My fabulous mother agreed to watch both of my boys for a full 24 hours!

We started out our 24 hour date at the movies.  We went and saw Hugo...which I don't really remember a lot about it.  I ate some popcorn, had a few treats, and then took a little nap.  It was quite delightful.  I did manage to take some scary pictures of us in our 3-D glasses...
 (These glasses are awesome on Micah because his nose is so big, they don't really sit properly on his face.)


 (I look like a muppet.  Its like I don't have a nose.)

After the movie, we headed downtown for a little shopping and then to Micah's work dinner at Spencer's.  We had never been there, but had such a great time.  Micah works for such great company and such great men.  We laughed and ate and laughed some more.  The best part?  I was there with my love...
 (Horrible phone picture.  What are you going to do?)

This was awesome soup!...

We walked back to our room at the Hotel Monaco.  I loved the room's decor, but decided I liked the rooms at the Grand better.  Micah I slept from 11-9.  (Except when I got up to pump.)  It was so nice to sleep through the night.  I miss that.  The best part of this 24 hours??? I couldn't wait to get home to my two little men!  Funny how a little time away can do that.

A special thanks to my mom again.  I really needed a little break, and she never complained about watching my boys.  Thanks mom!  I really really appreciated it!



1 comment:

anya said...

i wondered if Mr. G tagged along... I am so glad he didn't! What a fun weekend! Did Micah win anything awesome this year?!