Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Eve 2011...

After spending time at the Peterson's we headed to my parent's for the rest of Christmas Eve.  If you ask my family, they will probably tell you I was not in a good mood.  Not the way you want to be remembered.  By this party I was overwhelmed by everything that had to occur in the next 24 hours.  I wanted everything perfect.  My kids were tired and I was exhausted.  All of this made for an unjolly Josie:(  So, I should apologize to everyone.

We are starting to make our own Christmas Eve traditions the last few years.  I felt like my family never had a really nice dinner when it was just us, so that was my goal.  I decided we would have Prime Rib and we would all sit down at the table (something that probably happened only once a year).  I handed out food assignments and everyone was very generous to bring them...but...no one showed up until we were suppose to be sitting down to eat and I still needed a few things done.  (It didn't help that my mom complained about what we were having either.)  However...when we FINALLY did sit down, it was so great.  The kids ate at the bar...

So the adults could all fit around the table.  The food was so good.  I LOVED the Prime Rib.  Everything was wonderful until Easton came in and said he didn't feel...PUKE...all over my mom's white dining room chairs.  Classic.  I am sure it made Allie really excited to eat the rest of her dinner.

After dinner, I had each family prepare a song or story to tell us...


I had two favorite parts.  One was the Evers had their boys dance to "Tonight, Tonight"...


For those of you that don't think its a Christmas song, it could be.  There is a line in the song that says, "There's a party on the roof top."  There is a party on the roof top.  Santa is coming.

My next favorite part was the Lambourne's teaching us how to shuffle, LMFAO style.  No pictures, but lets just say it was fantastic.

After the program, Santa stopped by and brought us some PJ's.  I know finding PJ's for the whole family weighs very heavily on Santa, but I LOVE it.  This year Santa did an awesome job with the little boys PJ's.  The only downside was that by the time we got to this point, Beckham was so tired that pictures weren't really going to work.  Here is what we did get...
Easton, the red nosed boy.

The whole posse...


The boys...
Yep, this is as good as we could get.  Both of my boys screaming.  I will say that the best part of the jammies were Beckham and Easton's Elf shoes.

My little family...


Papa and his boys...


I wanted to start a new tradition and do the sibling gift exchange after jambes.  It really didn't work because the kids were too tired and some of us had to leave, but maybe next year...




1 comment:

anya said...

oohhhhh! It looks perfect to me! love the jammies!