Sunday, March 7, 2010

I Like It, I Love It...

Mornings with our little boy can be tough. Beckham has no sense of what time it is, but when he wakes up, he's up. It could be 6am or 8am. More often than not it is 6 am. For the last 6 months, when that special time arrived, Micah or I would place Beckham in his excersaucer to play for an hour. For months, that excersaucer gave me a sense of comfort, knowing that my son couldn't be hurt or get into trouble. I dreaded the thought that eventually Beckham would no longer fit in his excersaucer.

Well, that time arrived. (Actually, it arrived quite awhile ago, but Micah and I have lived in a state of denial.) What were we going to do? Beckham is at the age we he doesn't like to sit still. He likes to crawl around and explore. Anything that shouldn't be a toy is.

Two Sunday's ago, Beckham saw the little sunbeam chairs and crawled over to one and sat down. He stayed sitting for 15 min. Minor miracle! My mom has a little chair at her house, so I got that out, and the same thing happened. Bekcham loved little chairs! Then, my vision occured. Beckham needed his own little chair. Then, Micah and I could shut him in his room, and maybe that would give us a few extra minutes of sleep or time for a quick shower. This last week, I researched lots of little chairs and ended up with this...

Beckham. Happy as a clam in his new chair.


Beckham loving to share his chair with his new giraffe.

As you can see, Beckham is loving his new chair. Micah and I cannot get enough of him sitting in it. He looks so cute. So here is hoping this works.

PS. One more week till Omaha...



2 comments:

anya said...

oohhh... cute chair! lucas needs one for his room! Did they have a red or navy blue one?! Where did you get it?

The Evers Family said...

What a cute chair! Where did you get that giraffe? I haven't seen that before.