Thursday, March 25, 2010

Getting Better All The Time...

On my recent trip to Omaha, I was lucky enough to encounter other mothers with the same issue that I have: A child that refuses to eat solid food. It was a refreshing find considering I feel like most children Beck's age are already eating the same food as his/her parents.

However...I do have progress to report. Yeah, for me. Now don't get too excited. Its not much, but I will take it. Beck is down to about 3-4 sippy cups of milk a day and 3-4 jars (I am talking whole jars) of baby food. This really is a miracle for our family. Beckham is getting much less picky about what types of jars he will eat too. In fact, he will eat almost any type of baby food. (My doctor was right, and Beckham may just be one of those kids that has to be introduced to the same food eight times before he will eat it.) Beckham is still having an extremely hard time with anything with texture. Yet, I have seen him eat parts of bread and now...YOGART. Huge. Huge.

Cuz Easton will be here on Monday. I am hopping that another dose of Beck watching E chow down everything might stir something in my little boy.




1 comment:

Hilary Herrera said...

Josie I have to let you in on a little secret if Beck will eat yogurt....If you are worried he isn't getting enough protein go to Smith's and buy the Kroger's brand yogurt. Get the Carb Masters line. It has 12 grams of protein per cup! Most yogurts are mostly sugar but this one is mostly protein. It was my go to with Jonas when I knew he needed some protein or something to hold him over through a good nap:) Loves, hilary.