Beck LOVES his bottle. He loves that he can now hold the bottle by himself. Sometimes he likes to take a drink, then spin the bottle around, and then take another drink, repeat. He thinks this is very cool. He also like to take a sip and then tell me a story, stop, drink, and then continue on with the story. When I make the bottle just right, he has to close his eyes to drink it. It's just that good.
When we started on baby food, it took a really really long time for him to even eat a couple bites. He didn't get the tongue action and he seemed to hate the taste. In just the last month I am finally getting him to eat a jar of baby food.
Since I am a new mother, I usually compare what stage Easton is on and what stage Beck will be on next. Now Easton is a big eater. Don't believe me? Read this. I assumed Beck would just LOVE table food. At six months, I tried introducing table food. Little scrapes here and there...and he will NOT eat it! I tried puffs, yogurt bits, cherrios, fruit loops, grated apples, soup, pancakes, bananas, ground up adult food, ect., ect., ect. Nothing! I don't understand. Did you read what Easton would eat? Beck's little cousins Holynd is peanut in size, but she can eat a whole can of soup. What is wrong with my child? I don't know what to do.
I asked the doctor, and though she wasn't extremely concerned, she did think it was unusual. What did she suggest? Start back at step one. The doctor felt like Beck might be having issues with the texture, so we mashed up bananas for dinner tonight. Only 1/4 of a banana. Would Beck swallow even one small piece? Nope. The doctor said not to force it. To let Beck do it on his own, but he has no interest. I put one piece in his mouth and he gagged...like usual. He gags on ice cream!
1 comment:
he will get the hang of it...once he eats he will never stop so i'm sure he's going to be fine! darling picture at the top. glad things are going well.
Post a Comment