I dare say, Quentin's favorite holiday was Christmas. Que loved traditions. He loved the lights and sounds. He LOVED the presents. Que always had a Christmas list. It would usually be completed after his birthday, in August. Of course he would adjust it...many, many times. So, it comes as no surprise that Christmas is bittersweet now. Especially for my mom. My mom no longer has the desire to go all out for the holidays. I am sure it makes her ache for my brother. Its hard on everyone in my family. Its hard to go to his grave on Christmas morning and feel the pain and emptiness in our hearts. (Plus it is very cold!) Its hard to have one less person at all the family parties. Holidays are just hard.
Since Que passed away, it has been a big debate on when we would do his temple work. For me, it was important for my family to wait until Lindsey could go with us. However, as time marched on, I felt impressed that Que would want us to do it sooner than later. We had to wait a year after his passing, and because of logistics and such it so happened the date we decided to do Que's work was the day after Christmas.
There is a song that says, "I picture you in the snow on Christmas morning." This is one of the ways I picture Que. I picture him so happy, laughing, in the snow on Christmas morning. Where everything is peaceful, beautiful, and white. There are not many gifts we can give Que since he is no longer here on Earth. One of the gifts I know he has been wanting was for us to take him to the temple. It was very fitting that my family could give him that gift this Christmas.
Although I did not see my brother, (I will not deny that I hoped I might) I know he was there. I felt his presence. I know he was with my father as my father took out his endowments. I know The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church and I know I will see my brother again someday.

1 comment:
What an amazing day... memories for months and years to come.
Post a Comment