Monday, December 28, 2009

A New Tradition...

On every other Christmas Eve my family went to my Grandma's in Coalville. However, with most of my Grandma's grandchildren married it has become quite impossible to get everyone together. Therefore, my Grandma moved her party to the 23rd. This left Christmas Eve empty for my family.

Allie, Lindsey, and I really wanted to create a new tradition. Something we know we are going to do every year. So this is it...

We wanted to have a real sit down dinner. My dad requested that we not rely on my mom since she is in charge of so many tasks. Since Allie was not suppose to arrive until later on Christmas Eve, this left Lindsey and I to the cooking. I do not cook, but I can do take out. So...we called my friend Marie. She made us a great turkey dinner. Please look at this picture carefully. As far as anyone in my family could remember, this is the first time we sat around a dinning room table for dinner. Crazy, eh?


After dinner we had a Christmas program. Our little family started it off. We sang Jingle Bells.


Lindsey played "I Wish You A Merry Christmas."


The Evers' gave us a rousing rendition of "Away In A Manager."


Last, but certainly not least, my dad told the nativity story to the little boys. It was amazing how much I had forgotten many of the details. According to my dad, the Three Wise Men were named Michelangelo, Leonardo, Donatello. My dad told Jackson they brought gifts like diapers and formula. It was then Jackson reminded my dad that they also brought gold, frankincense, and myrrh.


As we were doing our family program, Santa dropped by on his trial run. Lo and behold, he left the family Christmas jammies. Then we took tons of pictures.


I loved the stocking he left for Lindsey. Lindsey did NOT like the Christmas "onesies" as she called them.


Beck and Easton had the same jammies. They were so cute. Just like Santa's little helper.


My dad and the boys. Basically impossible to get everyone looking at the camera at the same time.


I had to get a picture of just the two little helpers.


Grandma and her boys.


The cute Evers family.


The Peterson Family. We are extremely festive.


These two are just the most adorable little boys.


Last, but not least we finished the night by watching "The Muppets Christmas Carol." If you asked anyone in my family we would all say that might bring the most Christmas memories to mind.

1 comment:

STRINGHAM FAMILY said...

What a fun Christmas...you never eat around your parents dining room table? that's funny we didn't either!!! Merry Christmas, and what a special thing for your family and Que to go to the temple...i loved your post...you have an amazing family, so strong and together! wow, happy holidays.