For weeks Micah and I talked to Beckham about using his binkies to buy a BIG toy. Finally, the big day came. We took Beckham to Toy's R Us to pick something out. I'll honestly say, I think Micah was more excited than Beckham was. Beckham just wasn't that interested. We finally walked out of the store with Imaginext Bat Cave. We asked Beckham to find all of his binkies and give them to us so he could play with his new toy. His response? "No. I don't likie it." Yep, Beckham would rather have his binkies than a new toy.
The next we got him super hyped up about his new toy, and Beckham was ready to do it. He gathered up all of his binkies and threw them away.
Beckham playing with his new toys...
He loved playing with his new toys, but after a couple of hours he was done playing and wanted his binkies back. (Good thing Micah took them out of the trash and hide them.)
Three night later I noticed Beckham's mouth and lips were really puffy. I took Beckham with me to Graham's appointment and Dr. Ring said...give Beckham his binkies back. Honestly, I couldn't believe it. I was shocked. The Dr. felt like there were a lot of big changes in Beckham's life right now, and his binkies are comforting to him. When he doesn't have them, he is chewing his check which has lead to an infection. So...we are back to square one for awhile. Beckham won the battle. He now has a cool new toy and a binkie to go to sleep with, but we will try again in a couple months.



1 comment:
U are kidding? All of that hard work..... and the binkies are back.
Post a Comment