I cannot explain the amazing amount of love I felt when they placed Graham in my arms. Here was a soul, a body, that Micah and I made together. A product of pure love. Even though he was still swollen, I saw that he had my eyes...and Micah's nose. And the hair! Oh the hair. Secretly, I have ALWAYS wanted a baby with lots of hair, but never really considered that my child would have hair. My children would be bald, its just the way it was. (Side note***my family all guessed the weight and size of Graham, but Lindsey wanted us all to guess what Graham's hair would look like? I laughed at her. There aren't many choices, but I have say guessed it with "fluffy brown.")
I just wanted to hold him and never let him go...
As for his name, I love families that have theme's for their children's names. I never really thought I could pull it off. Later in my pregnancy, Allie reminded me of a name that she liked for Easton. The name was Graham. I LOVED the name then and now. I loved how it had a similar spelling as Beckham. When I looked up the meaning, it was one of the top English surnames...just like Beckham. If we have another boy or girl, I don't know if we will be able to follow the same path, but for now, we are very happy with his name. As for Graham's middle name we debated a long time between Grant and James. Grant is Micah's middle name and James was from my father. My dad was the fifth child and 5th boy in his family. Little Graham is the 5th grandchild/son of my family's side. It was a hard decision, but we went with James. Graham James Peterson.





3 comments:
Yeah, I've been waiting to see his pictures! Congratulations! Graham and my little Asher share the same birthday:) Enjoy this little one, they grow up way too fast.
Love the name. Love the pics.
Love the name. Last picture is.the.best.
Post a Comment