Friday, October 7, 2011

Cut Me Open...

I believe Heavenly Father knew this might be my only child I give birth to, so he made sure I had every birthing experience.  I quite enjoyed the epideral.  I did NOT enjoy how I felt after the C-Section.  I couldn't do anything.  I couldn't turn over or sit up by myself.  I remember when the two nurses had me get up to go to the bathroom.  I felt like I was 90 years old.  I could barely move.  Then I thought about going home with my two boys.  How was I ever going to make this work?  I completely broke down. I suddenly realized why a vaginal birth was so much less traumatic.  I couldn't vacuum, work out, or lift my 2 year old?  Um...thats what my life consists of.  How could I give up all of those things for at least 6 weeks?  I'll tell you how...

Through all the love and support of my family and friends.  Thank you to everyone for helping me.  By bringing in dinner (I can't imagine what we would have eaten.) To helping with Beckham.  Even stopping by and seeing us.

 ***Beckham LOVES his new baby brother.  Beckham calls him baby brother.  When we brought Beckham in the room for the first time, we had a little present for him, but he didn't really care about it.  He just wanted to see the baby.








Graham's cousins were so very excited to meet him.  Easton especially.  In fact, Easton would love for Graham to live at his house and sleep in his bed.  Everytime Easton sees Graham he goes and washes his hands and wants to hold little Graham.  So cute.  My favorite part was when Easton lifted up Allie shirt and asked, "Is there a baby in there yet?"...


A special shout out to my sister Allie.  Allie's life is crazy.  She has three crazy boys, and a home based business.  But everyday Allie would call or just show up to pick up Beckham.  I wanted to take care of Beckham and Graham on my own, but she wisely knew I needed a little bit of time to figure out how to do everything.  Thank you, Allie.  More than I will ever know.  (I will say that it stung when Beckham called me Auntie Josie.)

As for how I am feeling now...better.  I am trying to see the benefits in a C-Section.  I am getting around fine.  In fact, I am probably doing too much.  Usually by the time Micah makes it home from work, I am starting to feel pain again.  I miss being able to vacuum, but its one less thing I have to worry about.  Same with working out.  I am hoping by the time 6 weeks rolls around, I will have things figured out and I can start adding those tasks back in.  I am also hoping by that time I am getting more sleep.  I miss my sleep, but little Graham is worth it!







Ps.  Lindsey Lou, I always wondered what my belly would like after delivery.  I didn't expect to lose much weight, but I assumed all the fat would just distribute around my whole body.  I surely didn't expect to look like I was 6 months pregnant.  Something to look forward to...

3 comments:

The Evers Family said...

No special shout out to me is needed. I should be doing much more. Plus, it's easy. What's one more boy?

anya said...

My favorite picture is the one of Micah and the boys. Micah looks so happy.... as he should. Oh and I.should have warned u about the stomach thing.... another pro of the c section.... that lasts longer since Dr brown cut your ABS in half. :)

Annie said...

Jo! I feel for you with the recovery process. After my stomach surgey, I was shocked at how hard the recovery was. Hang in there. You'll bounce back before you know it!