Thursday, the day started out normal enough. Get up, get Beck fed/dressed, and then it was time for me to shower. I noticed I was bleeding and thought it seemed normal for how far along I was. Throughout the day, I kept waiting for my little man to move in my belly...and he did so less and less. I finally asked Allie about it, and she insisted I call the doctor. I am not one of those patients that calls the doctor at every little thing, so I waited and waited. Finally at about 3 I called Dr. Brown. She had me come in to get checked. I knew it was nothing, so I went by myself. I was now 70% effaced and dilated to a 2...so progress. Dr. Brown was concerned about the decreased movement and sent me down to have a non stress test for 20 min. This is where my anger starts...
I had to do my non stress test in Labor and Delivery. I knew I wasn't in labor, and really thought this was a pointless exercise. After being hooked up to the monitors for THREE HOURS a doctor FINALLY came and talked to me. She told me I was having consistant contractions, and if I wanted to, she would induce me and I could stay. My plan had been to go as long as I could at home, and then go to the hospital when I was dilated to a 5...so I turned her down. She insisted that I be monitored another 20 min. At this point I was DYING. I was 39 weeks pregnant, and my simple doctors visit had now turned into 4 hours of no food or water. So, I waited another 20 min, and another, and another. I was so hungry. So, I got up and got dressed and decided to walk out of labor and delivery. At the last second, I decided to tell the receptionist I was leaving. Bad idea. I got in trouble, and was told I could not just leave. I explained that I hadn't seen a nurse for 2 hours, and I needed to go home. Shortly after, they did release me...to my mom and Allie. They brought me dinner, and I was very grateful to put something in my belly.
My day was finally over. I was exhausted...and began to wonder when my little bundle would arrive...

2 comments:
I'm so excited to read all of these!!
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........... so frustrating!!! but yeah about all the posts to come!!!
Post a Comment