Our April Fool's Day surprise all began back when we found out when we were pregnant. I think most people's natural reaction to finding out you are pregnant is that you want to tell EVERYONE. So did we. It was an incredibly hard secret to keep. At first, Micah and I were just going to wait the traditional 12 weeks. Then, we decided to wait until we had some of our test results back, and by then we were deep in March...so we thought...why not wait until April 1st? No one is going to believe us anyway. It also so happened that we were most likely going to have an ultra sound that week where there was a small possibility they could tell the sex. So wait we did.
When the day finally arrived, I have to admit Micah was so excited...and I was really nervous. I was so worried it was still a dream. (Part of me has a hard time accepting it because I am waiting for the ball to drop.) I had a couple people I needed to tell first...and then I waited a couple hours. I finally called Micah in the afternoon and said...lets do it. Lets tell everyone.
Micah send out blasts at work, via text, and I am sure Facebook. My mother has been ITCHING to tell everyone she knows. I sent out a text to all of my family and friends all at once. I cannot believe all of the love and support we received. It sounded like I did shock quite a few people. Many thought it was a joke and asked for evidence of the pregnancy. And even more unbelievers called my family/friends for further verification. A week and a half later, many members of my ward found out. My bishop was the cutest. He kept asking me if I was going to associate with the birth mother until September...and I kept trying to tell him I was pregnant. He finally got it and just gave me the biggest hug. It was very sincere.
I am really glad I did end telling people. Its fantastic not to keep the secret. I think the best part was that...its made it real. Like...I am starting to believe this is really happening.
1 comment:
ya, sorry I threatened to call your Dr:)
loves,
hilary
Post a Comment