Monday, April 25, 2011

On The Hunt...

Let the games begin!  Its time again for the Annual Henderson Hunt.  I was pretty excited for little kids hunt this year.  The four boys are just so funny together...


Beckham has LOVED looking for eggs this year.  The only problem was that he wanted to open each one on the spot.  Never mind the fact he might only end up with three or four eggs.  I was literally pulling him around...



Beckham's favorite egg?  A SHARK egg.  He seriously could not get over how cool it was...


We tried really hard to get a cute picture.  Lets just say its a little challenging...


Now, I am sure you all came to see what happened at the adult hunt.  For those first timers...The Henderson's have taken up the tradition of having the "in laws" hide hundreds (okay, probably not that many) of eggs filled with little pieces of paper with amount on them.  There are lots of $0.25, $0.50, and $1.00.  And there are a few larger amounts.  Only the siblings can seek out their fortunes.  Since Jordan couldn't be with us, we opted to have my dad run his place.  I have to say, I really thought this would be the best option, because, lets face it.  I think my dad is slow...
The runners.

And ready, set, go...

After a couple spills and tumbles, all the eggs were found.  This is a very competitive tradition.  There is a lot of glory in finding the most eggs.  Lets just say, when all was said and done my dad probably found the least amount of eggs, but found all of the grand prizes.  That lucky dog.  We sure learned our lesson by having him run for Jordan.

I have to say this is probably one of my favorite traditions.  Not because there is money involved, though my parents are always very generous, it is just so much fun.  Just like when you were kids racing around the backyard for candy.  A big thank you to my parents who always do so much for us and make things fun.  Love you guys.


1 comment:

anya said...

i think we should adopt the adult egg hunt tradition at my house!