Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Money, Money, Money...

(This is one of those posts that is more for me than for you.)

I landed my first "real" job as a teller for Zion's Bank Peak Time department on October 8, 2000. This last Monday, July 19th I went into work for a couple hours... for the last time. My heart breaks just thinking about it.

For that last few months, I have been going to work for 4 to 5 hours every Monday. However, my love for working has been dwindling. I hate leaving Beckham and one by one my good friends at the bank left for far better adventures. What made it even worse, is that my good friends were replaced by not-so-fun-and-friendly-employees. On July 11th, when I went in to work, I realized I would be working with a new girl...Ashlee...and a peak time. It was then I realized it was just not worth coming to work anymore. I was working more for the adult interaction than for the paycheck, and it wasn't worth it anymore. Before I left work that day, I broke the news to Dustin my manager. All in all my last day came quicker than I thought, but thats okay. Its what I wanted. I won't say that I am not sad. For the last ten years, Zions Bank has been my home. It has been my passion. I have such a love for that company. I wanted to write down a few thoughts for me to remember...

I started work as a peak time teller and trained at the Brighton Office. I quickly fell in love with the branch and in a few weeks I transfered from the peak time department to the Brighton Office permenantly. I worked there as a teller until December 2003, when I left the bank for three months while I completed my internship. When I graduated I landed a job back at the Brighton Office where I waited to find my "grown up job." In October 2004, I transfered downtown as a finacial analyst and stayed there for the longest three months of my life. (Seriously, I still get freaked out going downtown because of that job.) From there I got a job as a lowly, but happy teller at the Fort Union Branch. Finally, that following May I started working my dream job as a Customer Service Manager at the Brighton Office. Many job opportunities presented its self, but I stayed in that job until October 2008 when I became the Branch Manager. That job was short lived, because by March 2009 I was able to focus most of my attention on being Beckham's mom. After taking a couple months off, I came back working very part time...and now I am done.

I have so many memories. Memories that won't mean a lot to you, but the mean so many things to me...
  • Realizing I hated peak time after working at the South Jordan Smith's Branch.
  • Diane's many, many appointments.
  • Lori, Tawni, and I rolling on the ground laughing about a "mouse."
  • Singing the wicked witch is dead when Diane finally left.
  • Having Dave training me.
  • Watching the whole branch fired and not understanding what was going on.
  • Gross men hitting on me.
  • The Hypnotist stocker.
  • Never wanting to become a supervisor.
  • Waking up at 5am to get to work downtown.
  • Hating tracks. Throwing up on tracks. Missing tracks and therefore, chasing tracks.
  • Wasting time in Myer and Franks dressing rooms.
  • Working down the hall from Scottie and Kay.
  • LeeAnn Linderman as a mentor.
  • George Hoffman shopping in the store.
  • Emerson's many comments.
  • Taking 1 hour to close the branch at Fort Union.
  • The money missing debacle at Fort Union.
  • Finally getting hired as a CSM.
  • The FTE obstacles.
  • Saying good-bye to favorite employees.
  • Bryan's many many teller tests. And no Hogi Yogi is not a rally point.
  • Bryan's two horrible Halloween costumns.
  • One word. Tony. Second and third word. Crying at night.
  • Ryan's first day. Lets just say it involved klenex up the nose.
  • Fixating the camera's on Ryan's movements.
  • Not wanting to hire Trent because of inside information.
  • Firing my first employee...horrible, horrible Jenna.
  • Trent's many comments that made me laugh.
  • The "LARGE" bills.
  • Jameson pulling the bait.
  • Picking a fake sliver out of a con women's hands while the cops took ten years.
  • Ryan's missing and we find him after a stop at the magazines.
  • The Russian Mofia and my day in small claims court.
  • Dustin's mistaken message that Sarah interrupted.
  • Chris and romancing with too much alcohol.
  • Having the cops come for no reason at all.
  • The Christmas Party, the cup, and being call "Josers."
  • The girls trip to Vegas and being kicked out of a bar.
  • All of the clients that made us cry.
  • The Graveyard.
  • Michelle L_k_n.
  • The pumpkin Halloween costumns.
  • My pens.
  • Trisha and the signature card issues.
  • The weddings. Particularly one with an awkward hug.
  • Telling my branch I was adopting.
  • "That's what she said."
  • Andy, Joney, and the movie that is still being made.
  • Grandma, Verl, Thurel and all my other favorites.
I tried remembering everyone I have worked with. Man, its a lot...
Lori, Diane, Tawni, Dave, Mary, Matt, Adam, Dave Cates, Amanda, Ashton, Jenna, Jen, Mark, Erica, Sarah, Natalie, Tony, Ryan, Jameson, Bryan, Sam, Trent, Trisha, Kevin, Ali P., Ali S., Sydney Haga, Sydney Beck, Richie, Joe, Matt, Megan, Emerson, Scott, Doug, Brandi, Brad Sheppard, Brent Erickson, Lori Harding, Amber Butterfield, Jeana,

I have so many pictures, but I can't seem to find all of them. Here are a few...




I'm going to have a barbaque soon with all my peeps. So, hopefully I will have more pictures soon.

Do you have a favorite memory of the bank? Leave a comment.



3 comments:

the johansen's said...

I love this post and am literally laughing out loud right now! I have way too many memories of the bank! I forgot about the sliver in the hand. I will forever remember Vegas, the awkward hug, Ryan's awkward comments (Spoon it like you spoon Chad?), and my favorite.....meeting so many great friends!!

Jason and Tawni said...

Seriously dying over the memory of the "mouse." I truly don't think I have ever laughed that hard in my life. I am pretty sure I peed my pants at one point. There were so many great times at the Brighton Branch. It was one of the hardest decisions to make when I left so I understand the special place that branch holds in your heart. I will always treasure it too. Another memory - remember when Laurie was 8 1/2 months pregnant and chased the lady with the counterfeit check out in the parking lot? Only Laurie.

(PS - Ever since I worked downtown at Broadway I have NEVER been able to enjoy that area. I get physically and emotionally sick to my stomach just getting near downtown. Trax sucked and so did that job. I completely understand.)

Sarah D said...

How hard it must be to say goodbye to such a big part of your life. I know Zions loves you as much as you have loved them.