This is the best I could get of Beck. He was too obsessed with watching the boys.
Jackson and Beckham. Beckham is not afraid of anything. He climbed all the way up this big slide and waits inline for his turn.
Creighton did not want his picture taken. I really wanted one of him and Allie. I think they turned out beautifully.
So cute. I love watching Allie as a mom. She really is the best. Having three boys, she has been through it all. I can ask her anything.
The boys favorite activity was swimming. I think they went every night. Sometimes they went underwear swimming. This made me and Allie laugh. Yes, the boys would wear their underwear, but under their swimming suits. What's the purpose? We don't know. On Saturday night, all the boys were in their swimming suits except for Beckham. I asked my dad why? He said he didn't think he could handle all four boys in the pool alone. Valid point. I got Beck ready anyway. Later my dad said what a fabulous time they had. Beckham and Easton just floated in the deep end watching the boys swim. Every once and awhile he would get out and jump off the diving board. Thats my boy. Obsessed with the water and not afraid.
Allie and the boys left super early on Sunday. When we came down to my parents later on Sunday, Beckham ran in the house looking for his cousins. My heart broke. I cannot tell you how much Beckham LOVES being around other kids. He is just drawn to them. He loves to play with big kids, small kids, and he loves babies. I have taught him how to be soft with babies. He gives them kisses on their heads and then bends down and talks to them in his own language. Coming to my parent's and seeing his disappointment, my heart broke because I don't know when or even if Beckham will get to be the big brother I know he would love to be. These last few months I have been really good about not worrying about the adoption. I have focused completely on Beckham. I relish every moment with him. I take in every new step he takes, because what if Beckham is the only child Micah and I are going to have? But seeing him with cousins, I realized that its not just me wanting a baby. One day Beckham may wonder, where his little brother or sister is. Hopefully that day never comes. Hopefully soon we will hear something. Hope. Hope. Hope.

2 comments:
This is such a sweet post, especially the end. we will have another child. you have so much love to give heavenly father will bless us. I love you.
Keep hoping Josie :) I ditto everything Micah said.
Post a Comment