Saturday, August 14, 2010

Here's Johnny...

You know at the beginning at The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson or even The Late Show with Dave Lettermen, how an announcer says their name...like..."Here's Johnny..." All the sudden, behind the curtain walks out Johnny. They have a smile on their face and they are ready to get the show started. Micah and I had that experience...in our house a couple weeks ago.

Micah and I FINALLY got Beckham into bed. It was 8pm. Neither of us had eaten, and we were starving. We got dinner ready, sat down, and started to eat while we watched our favorite show...So You Think You Can Dance. All the sudden around the corner walks...Beckham. Just like Johnny Carson would have. It took a second for Micah and I to register what had happened. BECKHAM HAD CLIMBED OUT OF HIS CRIB! No! This is way too soon. Beckham didn't have his mischievous grin, rather it was a look just like Johnny would have had. He walked around the corner and got on the couch to watch the show with us. It was as if it didn't register to him that he had just escaped jail. He was incredibly nonchalant about it. Micah burst our laughing. He couldn't breathe he was laughing so hard. I have to say, it was pretty funny, but I was terrified. His crib was the only thing that kept me sane most of the time. I am not ready to give it up. I call my lifeline in this situation...Allie. Low and behold Easton still hadn't accomplished this feat. How is that possible? Easton is a good three months older than Beckham. Why my child? What was I to do?

Well, we ended up taking out the bumpers around the crib. I hate it. It doesn't seem as cuddly and his binkies fall out. It does seemed to have done the trick for now, but what about later??? I don't even want to think about when he figures out how to do again.


3 comments:

Melyn said...

Oh good luck! Hope the bumpers solve that :)

anya said...

I can see Beck's face now... hilarious for me... nightmare for you! Maybe he'll forget that he can do that?!

Hilary Herrera said...

OH so funny! Jonas hasn't done that one yet! Beck is super smart and crafty!