Monday, July 26, 2010

On The Road...

Oh, my brother. The day has come for Jordan to head to medical school. This morning, Jordan and Melyn headed out to West Virginia. Last night, we had a good-bye party of sorts. Its sad to think that so many of my siblings no longer live in Utah. I am trying not to think about it too much. I don't want to get super sad all over again.

This last week, Jordan and Melyn had a pod delivered to my parent's house. They packed it all up on Friday. Today, they drove out in Jordan's car with Melyn's mother and brother. 36 plus hours. They don't plan on stopping, so we will have to see how that goes. Lets, just say I don't envy them.

I will miss having the two of them around. Jordan has been a huge help to my mom, and that means Lindsey and I will have to pick up the slack. I will also miss having Beckham's aunt and uncle around. I love to see Beckham with them. Oh, well. I hope that in many years, Jordan will be super rich and can afford to take Beckham and us on super nice vacations;)

Had to take some pics to remember this momentous occasion...

Such a great picture of the two of them.


Auntie Melyn.





Jordan's Car. Yep, its not that big, and pretty tall people were traveling in it. This pic is of Melyn's mom, Melyn, Jordan, and Melyn's brother. My mom said that when they drove off, it looked like there was less than an inch from the bottom of the car and road. Fingers cross they make it all the way.

3 comments:

The Evers Family said...

I love that picture of Beckham and Jordan. It brought a tear to my eye. So cute. I'm sad I didn't take picture of those boys with them when they stopped through. Well, there are 900+ miles in about 1300 miles to go. They are getting a few hours of sleep right now before they plan to leave at 1:30.

P.S. Make me a new blog....please!

Anonymous said...

Hey girler, I am loving catching up on all the blogging. I can't believe Jordan is that old, seriously. Beckham is so cute in his cowboy get-up, love it, he is the cutest and I can't believe he went to Nursery. Like I said, he is mister explorer. He is going to love it.

Tom and Debbie Goodwin said...

What BEAUTIFUL pictures of Beckham with Jordan and Melyn! I feel bad that we didn't get to see them off, but I'm glad to hear they got there safely. Hope to see you soon.